“Reall good Dinner”

The Shipyard Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #21 of 119 Restaurants in Lymington
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Interesting menu, fish cooked to perfection and good service. Can't get much better than that. We will be going back

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

My wife and I have seen this restaurant on several occasions, but it was only today that we actually stopped by for lunch. On entering, the lady on front of house was friendly, helpful and very professional, we even had a chat about the merits of green tea (also on the menu and good). The menu was not lengthy, which was a good sign. My wife and I both ordered the beetroot and mackerel fish cakes. Neither of us wanted a full starter, but decided to share the fish soup.
The soup arrived and there was more than enough for both of us, complete with focaccia. The bread was gorgeous, well seasoned on the outside, warm and fluffy inside.
The fish soup was truly splendid and possibly the best I'd tasted. The seasoning was beautifully balanced with a well chosen selection of fish.
The beetroot and mackerel fish cakes arrived. Served beautifully with jus and horseradish. We had side vegetables, grilled harissa courgettes and sugar snap peas and French beans in a very pleasant buttery coating.
Chef very clearly works at a high end level, paying attention to detail. Truly impressive- impossible to put into words - go and experience this place, you won't be disappointed in any way. Michelin star rating should be considered in my opinion.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch today and it was a lovely setting. The weather was good so we sat outside. The food was quick and good Well worth a visit

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

The shipyard was recommended to me by friends. I have been leaving in the area for 14 years, ate pretty much everywhere and can't believe I have never been to this restaurant before. Service was friendly, the selection of starters were great especially the ceviche and scotch egg. The river test trouts were perfectly cooked so was the haddock fillet. We did not order any dessert as we were in rush but will definitely come back for another lunch very soon! Thank you.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

A pleasent, clean airy restaurant with welcoming knowledgeable staff.
Having discussed the menu we all decided on a mixture of starters and sides as a light lunch. As soon as my wife said 'Can we...' and before the question was asked if we can eat just a mixture of starters the waitress said "Yes you can".
So that is exactly what we ate and very good is was. Well presented, good flavours and a very nice lunch with perfect sized portions for our requirements. According to the notice boards they now serve a £10 lunch menu, Monday to Friday. We shall be trying that out very shortly. Recommended