“Unable To Comment on the Food Sadly”

Lal Quilla Indian Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 123 Restaurants in Lymington
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 39
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are one of the best Indian restaurants in Lymington offering the finest of Indian cuisine. We have long been serving our customers on the bustling high street of Lymington since 1987. We opened our restaurant with a genuine passion for bringing the finest tastes and flavours of the east to our wonderful neighbours of the west and we continue to uphold that passion.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for a day trip to Lymington Market and checked out this place at the bottom of the hill. Took note of lunch serving times, and decided to come back later. Walked up and down the hill again, and arrived for lunch at 1.15 (this on a Saturday). Told they had finished serving and were closed. No apology. Pretty aggressive actually. Needless to say, we will give this a wide berth in future which is a shame as the place looked promising and other reviews sounded good. Their loss - plenty of good eating options in Lymington including another good Indian further up the hill.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

I’m sad to see some recent poor reviews as we have been coming to this restaurant on and off for as long as it’s been open and always loved it. We no longer live in the UK but always have a meal here when we visit and we are always remembered by the owner and the food has always been fabulous. Our meal last night with family was great as usual and the restaurant was full but have to admit there were some service issues with what appeared to be new staff. Hopefully these issues will be resolved ASAP.

Lalquilla, Manager at Lal Quilla Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you so much sir for your great sayings & recommendation.....

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

The table for eight was booked over a week in advance. We waited over two and a half hours to get our main meal and they were unedable as they had been sat under a hot lamp and totally dried out. I would not even Fed that to a pig. DO NOT EAT HERE IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE BADLY LET DOWN

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

My wife insisted for a "curry" after a rather stressful day. We were in Lymington so thought of trying Lal Quilla, on the High Street, out.

It has a very nice decor, extremely friendly and courteous staff. Lots of English customers too. I realized, its the only "curry" place for few miles and hence its popular.

Now lets come to the food. I am increasingly getting frustrated at Bangladeshi attempts at Indian cuisine, sold in places with Indian names. Lal Quilla translates to Red Fort, which is situated in Delhi. If you place any concoction of spices and term it as Indian food, and place it in front of an Indian from Delhi (or any part of India or Pakistan, for that matter) - it will be returned back and your restaurant will shut down within days. But if you place the same food in front of customers of non-Indian (or non-pakistani) origin, you will do great business. In fact you will do so well, that you can over price your drinks too and customers will smilingly pay the bill and promise to return back next weekend. For the same concoction called "Indian curry".

For me, this was perhaps the only visit because I like my Indian food. I have grown up seeing my mum, aunts, granny, nanny cook the way Indian food should be. I have seen how restaurants replicate those tastes as they should. And I have also seen restaurants sell inferior tastes to gullible people who didnt have the background I had. I can't just eat anything in the name of Indian. Can you?

1  Thank Dr Shre C

Hi Dr.....
We are Bangladeshi cusine which is true but we were part of India before; it has been running 30 years in the name of Indian...The name hasn’t been changed but we are serving ,Indian & Bangladeshi food as well.... so what’s ur question & headache to talk about meaningless points. Food & service is good; customer satisfaction is our key priority. If u survey most of Indian restaurant’s owners are Bangladeshi; so why are criticising about our one only? If you wanna talk to us pls do come here ....

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Crowded tasteless place, with flying non attending waiters and oversweeted coconut food. Slow service, not tasty (sweet food), crowded place - never more.