“Breakfast”
Review of The Water's Edge

The Water's Edge
Reviewed 9 September 2018

The best place around for a cooked breakfast in relative peace and adequate surroundings. Help yourself to tea and coffee is always a good attraction. If you are really lucky then Sue will look after you. Very good value for money. ample parking. Booths across the road will sell you newspapers to add to your leisurely breakfast experience. sshhh don't tell everyone.

TheWatersEdge56, Manager at The Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Hi Karen!

Thank you so much for the great review! I will make sure your kinds words are passed on to Sue and the rest of the team!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Came here recently for a family reunion. The staff gave us a round table which was ideal for chatting. Had a variety of meals all pronounced good. The chicken, ham and leek pie was good, loads of meat and the pastry wasn’t too thick. One of us had the steak and ale pie and would have preferred a shortcrust pastry top. The carvery looked good. None of us had desserts. Our only quibble was that we would have liked to order drinks and food at the same time. Staff were there when you needed them but didn’t fuss.

TheWatersEdge56, Manager at The Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Hi there!

Thank you so much for the great review! I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed your visit here to The Waters Edge!

We very much look forward to seeing you all again!

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

First time eating here with my Dad and boyfriend and we were all impressed! Will definitely be returning.

TheWatersEdge56, Manager at The Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Hi Lynsey!

Thank you so much for the great review about your breakfast here at The Waters Edge! I am so glad you enjoyed it and I will make sure the kitchen team are informed!

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Family meal, cold food. Order came out wrong. No sign of waitress to complain. £45, an expensive, disappointing visit.

1  Thank Esther Jane M
TheWatersEdge56, Manager at The Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Hi Esther,

Please could you contact me at TheWatersEdge@joseph-holt.com or on 01253 728294 to discuss your visit here to The Waters Egde.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Went for a family dinner. My burger came out, the order was wrong, the waitress took it away, when it came back she asked us for an extra £1. It was cold including the chips. If someone had come anywhere near us to ask how it was I would have told them. Overall very disappointing.

1  Thank CoralW44

Hi Coral,

I am very dissappointed to hear about your experience here at The Waters Edge.

Could you possibly contact me at TheWatersEdge@joesph-holt.com with details of when you visited so I can investigate this further with the team on shift at the time as this standard of service you received is unacceptable.