Rutland Zorbing - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Groupon Voucher

Did not respond to texts or emails to try and book. Also never answered mobile number... read more

Reviewed 12 November 2012
xxSaffronxx
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Rutland Zorbing

Reviewed 17 October 2012
SmallBloke
Northampton, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Did not respond to texts or emails to try and book. Also never answered mobile number given.
Groupon currently looking into it - my voucher has now expired!!

Date of experience: September 2012
2  Thank xxSaffronxx
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We had Wowcher vouchers for 8 people to go zorbing for my daughters 16th birthday, we found the web site was down and then found these comments about debatable safety and that they had "gone bust" Not what you want to see on the day we're booked in and we wondered if we should bother with the 1 hour drive if we were going to turn up to an empty field! However we phoned Rutland Water Visitor Centre who went to investigate and then kindly phoned me back to say that Rutland Zorbing was definitely up and running and they were expecting us. We arrived and the 8 people who did it had the most amazing experience! They felt safe at all times and would have done it time and time again had Ben's queue not been huge! Brilliant day, thank you Rutland Zorbing!!

Date of experience: October 2012
2  Thank Avril_INewark
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Despite having a scheduled appointment time and a confirmation email from the organiser, one Ben Lovejoy, we drove 1.5 hours to find an empty field. We checked at the Rutland Water Visitor Centre to make sure we were waiting at the right place (we were) and called the organiser's mobile twice and left messages. After waiting in the area for an hour and half we gave up and went home having wasted a day's holiday and our money.

Now find emails to Lovejoy are bouncing and their website is down, so looks like they've gone bust and we've lost our money too. Would not recommend anyone books with this company in the future.

Date of experience: October 2012
1  Thank SmallBloke
Reviewed 16 October 2012

To start with we could only communicate by email and they only replied when I got groupon involved
The men did not know what they were doing
The ball kepted deflating and the straps in side looked like they had all broken as you could not adjust them (so you felt like your feet were coming out) and the waist one was a seat belt clasp but only one end was there so they had to tie the straps to a D ring
It was good but I don't think the safety was good

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We were very excited to try Zorbing for the first time however it was everything opposite! We both went in the same ball and from the minute we were pushed down the hill I wanted it to stop. We both felt like we had been thrown around as the straps did not hold us in at all and we were holding on so much as it was jolting our heads a lot which was very painful. After watching clips on the Internet I don't feel that we were strapped in properly and I suffered with a very bad neck. Compared to the ones online I wouldn't recommend this one!