US$ 99
US$ 84
Benhall Farm(Ross-on-Wye)
US$ 140
Orbitz.com
Premier Inn Ross-On-Wye Hotel(Ross-on-Wye)(Great Value!)
US$ 110
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
The Royal Lodge(Symonds Yat)
US$ 191
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,255 results
All reviewsold english innsthe riversmall balconysuperior roomwye valleylovely hotelno liftbar areagreat positioneggs benedictfantastic viewscar parktown centreweekend breakboth nightswithout exceptioncomfy bed
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We had dinner here on two occasions, sitting on the balcony with panoramic views over the Hereford countryside, the food in reasonably priced and good. It can be busy when the sun is out, 3 deep at the bar. Bar staff react to those who shout loudest as they have no idea who is next to be served. Waiting staff are pretty slow when it comes to clearing tables and I did see a impatient older couple get up and walk out with stopping.
It is not much effort to clear it yourself and put it somewhere where the staff can see it.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Old_English_Inns99, Front Office Manager at The Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Guests,
Pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. It would seem so far this year each day is busier than the one before! we are pleased you enjoyed your visit to us.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We had a party of 6 ,all had different choices, but overall we left contented and well treated, the 2 dads in our party were awarded an engraved beer glass as a fathers day gift. The royal has been a choice for family meetings for a while now, I hope it continues, Thankyou Sally and your Excellent team.

Dear Trevor,
You are so very welcome, we are so pleased you continue to enjoy your visits with us here at the Royal. See you soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The overall experience here was good. We visited a couple of months back as a stop on the way home. The views and food was great but I am gluten free and when I asked the waitress behind the bar about gluten free options she said anything with a cross marked next to it. Once I looked at these I questioned her as it seemed all of these were fish dishes, many with batter on. A waiter came and corrected here, giving me the allergen menu. This would not have been a issue as I am aware to check on these things however the waitress just shrugged her shoulders and said ‘oh well that was what I was told’. No apology and quite rude and potentially could have had serious health consequences had I have not checked. A shame but did not ruin the experience. Would recommend as food came on time and was very nice in the end. Just make sure your staff are aware of allergies is all I would say.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback - please accept our sincerest apologies. Our staff are trained to provide the allergen menu to all guests should a need arise, whether they feel they can remember details about dishes or not. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will ensure a refresher for a team members.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this lovely hotel with my elderly mum. Friendly staff, clean and tidy, excellent food with very varied menu and generous portions, great location, on site parking. My mum has problems walking but the hotel accommodated her well.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Old_English_Inns99, Front Office Manager at The Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Guest,
I am so pleased you both enjoyed your stay with us here - despite our property not having our lift we will always do our best to ensure that guests with mobility needs are as well looked after as we can throughout their visit with us.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a night as we had a wedding in the area. It was perfect. They accommodated an early check in, room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast is excellent given a la carte is included. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank dandeelion

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your feedback. Great to hear your visit was a success - hope the wedding went well!