1,432 results
All reviews estuary view complimentary gin and sherry welcome drink lighting system on arrival lovely hotel cinema room white company toiletries little touches car park crab steam room stunning location beautiful room restaurant staff following morning relaxing stay
Reviewed 20 February 2016

A lovely hotel, superb views, great facilities... But it was the food and restaurant staff that made our short visit so special.
The twice baked cheese soufflé (why twice? Because they can!) was only surpassed by the absolutely heavenly (is a place on earth, this place) lemon grass and coconut rice pudding....which has to be eaten with the recommended Raspberry and Vanilla Martini (remember the the sweet call Drumstick?). The chef should win an award for this alone...
We did the 10 mile (a few wrong turns inc) walk to Hope Cove...and loved that too.
Thanks for a great short stay, it's what memories are made of....

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
jasonparry55, General Manager at Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2016

Many thanks for your wonderful feedback, I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that your restaurant experience in particular made your stay so special. I will most certainly share your comments with our restaurant staff and chefs as I am sure they will be most grateful. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

We felt so welcome and cared for by the brilliant staff. Our 'estuary glimpse' room was lovely and definitely more than a 'glimpse'! The restaurant staff were super efficient. If I had to be picky I would say the underwater seats in pool are a bit of a hazard, in spite of warning notice, and the pool could have been warmer. Don't let either of those put you off,though, it is a fab hotel.

1  Thank Anne C
jasonparry55, General Manager at Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Many thanks for your wonderful review, I am delighted that you were so well looked after by our staff from your arrival. It is great to know that you enjoyed the view from your estuary glimpse room and had an enjoyable time in our Jetty restaurant. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

Came here for a 2 night getaway. We were upgraded as soon as we arrived. We ate in the restaurant the first night and on the second day we both had a massage at the spa. For the entire visit the staff were exceptional and their service could not be faulted. The restaurant food was delicious and the breakfast was the best we have experienced. The quality here is outstanding and you definitely pay for what you get. Will definitely return. The only criticism I could find is the spa pool was too cold. It goes without saying the views are to die for.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sathers

Thank you for your fantastic feedback, it is great to hear that your stay was so enjoyable and that our staff made such an impact. I am also glad to hear that we were able to upgrade you to a room with a view. I very much hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 15 February 2016

We went for a light bite lunch and a look around to see if we may stay next time in Salcombe.
The bar area and lounge was lit airy and comfortable, lots of glass windows and excellent outlook. A fire was lit and comfy sofas but we were unlucky a family had taken over the area and looked to be there for the day.
Service was very good and prompt and the food was excellent. I had the smoked shrimp and crouton which was just enough for a light lunch.
May well look online and book a spa weekend. Location good as near the centre of Salcombe.

1  Thank SunSeeSand_13
jasonparry55, General Manager at Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2016

Thank you so much for your particularly kind review, I am very happy to hear that service was of a high standard during your visit and that you enjoyed our comfortable lounge area and bar, the fires are very popular especially t this time of year! I very much hope that you visit us again, perhaps for a weekend spa break.

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

We come here for afternoon tea with our auntie and an elderly relative.

The staff were all very polite and the afternoon tea was superb.

We come back the next day for afternoon cocktails.

Would definitely be back to try the restaurant

Shame the view is hidden by the rest of the hotel building

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Zoemorganbateman16

Many thanks for your positive feedback, I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable visit on both occasions and hope that you will return for a visit to the restaurant in the future.