“How much?”

morrisons Cafe Tavistock
Ranked #51 of 70 Restaurants in Tavistock
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Just had our breakfast in this cafe, served by a very cheerful Kersty, a warm welcome, I had a coffee and my wife had a tea, to with her scrabbled eggs on toast, seemed a large portion, I had a full English breakfast two eggs, two sausages mushrooms tomato has browns and fried bread, (what diet?) and quickly served to us again by Kirsty who was very busy. The total for this was ten pounds ten pence, that's what I call a good deal.
Fresh honest food about what I would expect. well worth going, and we were just passing by.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Dropped in for a bite to eat this evening, Chicken Tikka £6 just about OK and Steak & ale pie £6 not bad, both were hot on a cool evening.
Better than Morrisons in Bodmin which is terrible. Staff were pleasant. There were only 6 people in the restaurant so they had plenty of time.
Was going to give them 4 but have decided to stop overmarking No one can say this was the best meal they have ever had unless they wear rose tinted glasses or work for the company.

1  Thank John G
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Wife and I called in here to do some shopping and thought we would grab a bite to eat as well. Wife ordered Salmon, which came with peas and new potatoes. Well when it arrived, I had never seen grey peas or yellow potatoes before. It was so over cooked that it was inedible. Don't eat here. total waste of money..

1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Morrison have a really popular facility here but don't seem to care much about running it properly. Service is usually very slow and always seems to be under staffed. Food is good when it arrives but more often than not, my coffee is a long and distant memory before it arrives, regardless of how many customers there are. Too frequent equipment failures and extreme slowness at fixing. A good in store cafe is a real bonus for a supermarket but can't be treated like any other department, there is a knack to it. Just go out and find someone who knows about running a café and let them get on with the job.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We stopped here for breakfast after a long journey. First off the latte was luke warm, which the staff changed but it still wasn't very hot, I was told that a customer the day before had also said the coffee wasn't very hot!!!. We then got our breakfasts and when I started to eat mine it wasn't very hot, nearly everything on the plate was cold, my family said there's were OK but because I sent mine back they also said theirs weren't that warm either. Have to say though the staff were very good and gave us a refund and they said they had checked their food plates and they were hot enough and not keeping the food warm so I hope they got them sorted. But this has put me right off Morrison's cafes, I thought the food was cooked to order. Is it unreasonable to order a meal and get it piping hot and not have to send it back. I liked to pop into my local morrisons cafe, which ok, but the peas are always overcooked and the beans dried out and only warm.Think it will be sometime before I venture into Morrison's cafes again.