3,178 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Best stay ever.
Starts at reception twenty minutes early.
Asked to check in @ 2.
Sat next too reception waiting in full view of receptionist.
5 mins later guest walks in checked straight in?
2 mins later couple booked in still 10 to 2 also booked in without a problem.
Mmmmm. I thought.
Cant be bothered saying anymore apart from the food is too DIE for
Should be pushing for accolades the veg chef takes al dente to a whole new level and his skill with a knife is there for all too see.
Could not eat much of my meal.
Too salty with my tears of joy.

Seriously i can tell apart from the busy reception.
Every member of the team i had interaction with were professional
Polite and helpful.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David Y
GuestRelationsBH, Guest Relations Manager at Daresbury Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Daresbury Park Hotel on Trip Advisor. I do hope that your recent stay with us was a pleasant experience and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Booked sparkling afternoon tea for my friend’s birthday via Groupon. This included use of the pool, jacuzzi and steam room along with a treatment each. We were given the choice of having a robe which was a £5 deposit which you got back at the end of your visit. Can’t fault the leisure centre and their staff however we were extremely disappointed with the staff and the service at the restaurant within the premises. When we got to the restaurant, there was only me and my friend as customers. We were at the bar waiting to be served for quite some time and when someone did come to us we handed our voucher over and we were told by the waitress/bar maid “oh I was hoping to get away with not doing an afternoon tea today” which made us feel like an inconvenience. When we eventually got the afternoon tea brought to us the food was lovely but when my friend went to take a sip of her drink the glass had a lipstick mark on it. We asked the woman to change it and she didn’t even apologise for the issue. She stormed back to the kitchen to swap it but she then left it on the side and shouted over the bar to us “it’s there”. She didn’t even have the courtesy to bring it over to us. I’d be more understanding if they were extremely busy but as we were the only paying customers within the facility, it was disappointing. The food made up for the lack of service but considering it wasn’t a cheap present for my friend’s birthday, neither of us were impressed. To top it all off, my friend has now received a parking ticket which cost more than the actual voucher as the receptionist didn’t ask if either of us had a car parked in their car park when we arrived. To conclude, there were more negatives than positives about our experience which is a real shame as I have been to the same restaurant a number of years ago for a family member’s birthday. I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone and I don’t think my friend would either.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sophie-Whitby

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on Trip Advisor. I will pass the entire review onto the team at the hotel so they are aware of what you experienced as they will want to do their best to avoid this happening in future. I am concerned to read that your afternoon tea with us was not to your expected standard.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

On a short break it was the price that attracted us to this hotel, especially the groupon deal of £77 for one night Bed, Breakfast and Evening meal with the added bonus of a bottle of wine. We booked the second night just with bed only at £42.
On arrival the entrance looks quite grand but on closer inspection was dirty ,The facilities included a nice pool and spa facilities plus a gym and squash courts all of which were very good,
The bar was sizeable with a good sized screen foe sports screening the first evening on arrival it seemed everyone was on the Groupon deal carrying a bottle of wine around with them. The buffet meal was plentiful and Ok in quality, The breakfast also was OK
What we where not told was the car park is £10 per night whilst the internet is £7 per night and is poor with an intermittent signal. The second night we had a bar snack which to be honest was awful. I ordered a cheese and pickle sandwich which had very stale bread I sent it back only to receive the same stale bread sandwich when it was returned. Only with management intervention was i offered an alternative.
The room is dated however the gym and spa facilities are good although being situated on a motorway network there are few places to walk to.
Overall for the cost i would stay again although would prefer to eat my evening meal somewhere else other than the hotel and the drinks where very expensive ( Carlsburg £3.40 ) .On a positive there was entertainment if you had children with a diisc and karaoke.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on Trip Advisor. I will pass the entire review onto the team at the hotel so they are aware of what you experienced as they will want to do their best to avoid this happening in future. Hopefully you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Stayed here on 15th March through work , what a dump , filthy and meagre facilities , in need of a major makeover. Tired bedroom ,, dusty, broken fittings and dirty. Just a duvet cover and pillow on bed had it resembling a prison cell - thought my room wasn't actually prepared. Teaspoon in room looked like someone had used it for eating yoghurt . 3rd floor room , lift had missing panel and you could see the wiring.

Bathroom in the room old and knackered , bar area / restaurant area resembled a workman's social club.

Plenty of better hotels in the area . Disgrace that this is supposed to be a 4 star hotel

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank microlight10

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. If I could please ask you to contact our Customer Services Team (customerservices739@britanniahotels.com) with your concerns in order for them to fully investigate and appropriately action the above issues you have raised. Please also include your reservation details as this will help with the investigation process. Once investigated our team will contact you directly with a formal response. I am disappointed to learn of the issues you experienced while staying with us.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Worst hotel I ever had the misfortune to book,had an executive room booked ,everything from the photo looked ok,nice front but rooms were filthy it took me 50 mins to try to clean the shower alone and still couldn't get it clean,the staff here def do not make any attempts clean ,the staff were friendly and breakfast was ok,but if your thinking of booking have an alternative ready if I had I wouldn't have stayed there

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank 908JohnB908

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your review is concerning to read. If I could please ask you to contact our Customer Services Team (customerservices739@britanniahotels.com) with your concerns in order for them to fully investigate and appropriately action the above issues you have raised. Please also include your reservation details as this will help with the investigation process. Once investigated our team will contact you directly with a formal response. I hope your experience does not deter you from booking with us again.