“Worst experience to date”
Review of Giannis

Giannis
Ranked #29 of 85 Restaurants in Weybridge
Price range: US$ 26 - US$ 33
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Having visited this restaurant 2 years ago I was very excited to come back, however it is clear that something has changed between then and now.
The food was disgusting and the service was awful.

Starter: Given store bought tortellini (recognised it immediately as I buy it all the time) in a hot watery tomato sauce. Don’t know exactly what it was but something came out of the microwave as I heard the ding.

Main: Firstly I wanted the chicken, however, I was told I could not swap potatoes for fries which made it clear that the whole meal was pre-prepared or pre-packaged – instead I chose a pizza. I did not like the pizza for 2 reasons. 1 was that I had ordered anchovies by accident which I do not like (not the restaurants fault at all), 2. the pizza dough was raw, the tomato sauce was very watery and had all dripped off the pizza making it soggy and the cheese was hard to find. The majority of the pizza was just dough with some wet red stuff on it. I ate the crust as I was hungry and left all of the middle – mentioned that I had made a mistake by ordering the wrong pizza and he just walked away without a word.

The bill: Here is where we realised the bread and olives that were forced on us without request or notice actually cost us £2. (Small price to pay for the best part of the meal). The kicker was the ~£5.35 tip that we were forced to pay, and when I told him I was not going to have it included in the bill I received a rude argumentative response saying I had no choice.

The manager: I'm not sure if he could have cared any less. When I mentioned the problems that I had with the main he was not interested in helping and said that I was mad because I wasn’t allowed to swap potatoes for fries. Confused and angry at this point I paid the bill in order to get out of the restaurant. Had there been any customers in the restaurant I think it would have caused a scene. The lack of attendance and recent reviews says it all really.

2  Thank katy h
Gianpaolo P, Owner at Giannis, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Hello Katy,
Let's take one thing at the time with your review,
You booked a table for two and mentioned that you would like to use your discount card and we agreed so at this point you are already privelaged to get this enormous amount off your bill why would you expect to have extra stuff off? You wanted to swop potatoes and you were told that the potatoes were side orders and needed to be paid for at this point your partner said that it was fine and he was happy to pay but you refused to do so instead opted for a Pizza instead of the Chicken dish you originally wanted, our dishes are not pre prepared as you stated. The Pizza as you described was so bad that you managed to eat all the crusts the only thing wrong with the Pizza was that you didn't know that Anchovies are fish and you don't like fish. Regarding the olives and bread we didn't force you to eat them but they are clearly stated on the menu with the price. If you want to use a discount card then you would read the terms and conditions and observe them, regarding the 10%services charge is clearly stated in the terms and conditions of discount card, the problem with this review is that you didn't get your way and make mistakes in ordering, so please think before you order and stick with the rules of your discount card. By the way if you have visited the restaurant only two times in the past two years ( only to use your discount) then do the restaurant a Big favour stay away, and to be honest with or without a card you are not welcome back.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Poor italian — all is prepared quick and easy. We orderd a Bottle of red vine which came Open. VEal with mushroom was terrible—Instant Sauce. They have no Hearings just aircondition which blows from top so dont Go when it is chilly outside.

3  Thank fidolich
Gianpaolo P, Owner at Giannis, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Hello fidolich,
I am surprised at your review, the wine that you ordered was the house wine and before we left it you tasted and you approved, so what is problem if the scrutop had been open? we don't have any ready made sauces as you state the only sauce that we prepare is Tomato sauce (like every Italian restaurant do) the Veal that you had was so terrible that you finished all and never complained on the evening, we do have Heating and is working well,
I just don't know understand people like you that don't say anything and then leave bad reviews, and looking at your previous ones you are not the pleasant person that people my think you are
Gianni

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We visited for dinner and the food was both overpriced and expensive. The starters were both bland and dry, and had obviously been previously frozen. The mains were also very average. However the service was good. Probably wouldn’t visit again.

2  Thank Amy R
Gianpaolo P, Owner at Giannis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Hello, I don't understand why you and your boyfriend had to leave two bad reviews, this response is not for you ( you are a pair of idiots) but for people who will appreciate my side of facts,
1: you booked at 8.30 changed to 9.00 then changed again for 9.30 turned up at 9.45
2 : you stated over priced and expensive,
two lots of olives and bread two starters two main courses with vegetables and potatoes two large glass of wine two bottles of peroni and this is expensive for you? were do you leave? are you serious
3 : you stated the food dry and bland
you had fried calamari with tarter sauce
bruschetta with fresh tomato & mozzarella, this dishes do not come swimming in sauces main you had linguine in tomato garlic chilli & prawns and veal sorrento with augergine mozzarella & tomato sauce, so where is dryness happend?
4 : you stated that the service was very good but you did not leave any tip did you,
In one hour that you were in the restaurant you had 4 cigarette outside, I can only imagine the kind of taste bud that the pair of you have.
I also saw that you have done the same negative review on a restaurant in Italy.
My advice is that you need to grow up and don't make bad reviews when you don't have
a " leg to stand on " £ 57.90 for what you had is an excellent price, and remember to tip the staff, you don't recommend the restaurant but let the people decide who tells lies.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

The food was very sub-standard and lacking flavour. My girlfriend and I spent £60 on a very disappointing meal. I’m English and can cook a lot tastier Italian food myself. The only positive was the polite waiter. Would certainly not recommend.

1  Thank zuki123527
Gianpaolo P, Owner at Giannis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Hello
The pair of you needs to grow up,
If you are not happy with the food then let the restaurant staff know, but you didn't do that because it was all false " in your head "
but the easy thing was to do a bad review
I'm not annoyed with you I feel sorry for you

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

It was a wonderful atmosphere the food was spectacular specially enjoyed the spaghetti Vongole said that was tremendous I will be visiting this restaurant again especially for the limoncello.

Tiramisu why not! always have a good large espresso

will be visiting very soon.