“Fantastic!!!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Weybridge
Reading, Berkshire
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

My girlfriend booked an overnight stay in the hotel for my birthday, and what a treat!

The room was amazing. Comfortable and clean. The double bed was massive. TV (even though we did'nt use) was nearly as big as a cinema screen! Nice touch was that we were greeted with our names on the TV screen as we entered the room. There was also a nice handwritten note on a postcard at the side of the bed, wishing us both a nice stay at the hotel.

Show/bathroom was massive. Nearly as big as my own house (Bit exagerating there. Sorry) Walk-in shower was a nice touch, and very pleasing. Everything that you could need as well, from towels and robes, to shower gel and shampoo.

Breakfast the next morning was nice. Buffet style and help yourself. Lovely well cooked foods and also cereal and fruits for the healthier of us out there :)

Definitely gets the thumbs up, and would not hesitate on going back.

Thank you again to the staff at the hotel for making my birthday rememberable :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
We are so pleased that you had a great birthday and that you enjoyed the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future to enjoy another celebration.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I booked the great groupon offer and decided to make it a birthday treat for my boyfriend by including an experience day AMG Mercedes drive.
The hotel was perfectly positioned and as I emailed the request in advance I was delighted to see we had been upgraded to a room with a first class view of the track, the staff had even written a birthday greeting in the room. The hour long experience was fantastic fun and I took up the chance of sitting in the back, great value at £15, although I felt a little sick for a whole after ;-)
We spent a while looking round Mercedes world, which is a fabolous exhibition even for non petrol heads.
Our room was modern, sumptuous and came with all the gadgets to appeal to the boys and fantastically comfortable bed, which appealed to me. The bathroom was also beautifully specced with a wonderful walk in shower- no bath though, but didn't bother me.
We put our restaurant booking back til 9, but upon arriving to be seated the charming manager advised there was a delay, but immediately offered us a free glass of prosecco each in the bar whilst we waited- we were in no big rush ;-)
The impeccable service continued and the food was of a good standard and reasonably priced. We treated ourselves to cocktails and went back to the room to watch an in demand film, which at £5 for fairly recent films suited us. My boyfriend isn't one for pampering, so I left him to lie in whilst I explored the spa at 9am in the morning- an ideal time as everyone was at breakfast and I enjoyed a blissful 20 mins reading complimentary magazines in the spa bath overlooking the race circuit. I only wish I had taken advantage of the spa, but alas the appointments were fully booked. The final part of our stay was a delicious afternoon tea- with more procesco and warm, yummy scones with plenty of cream and jam!
I would thoroughly recommend a stay, in particular if using the racetrack and the spa. Thanks Brooklands

• Stayed April 2012
We are delighted you had a great stay with us and also enjoyed the Mercedes Benz World. I am also pleased the team looked after you well and thank you for your patience during the busy dinner servicer. We do recomend that you book spa treatments a few weeks in advance at the weekend as this is a very busy time and this also saves dissapointment. We are glad you had a great birthday and hope to welcome you back again very soon.
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed here on a groupon offer and had a fab time.It was a gift for my husbands birthday.The room was fantastic very masculine colours spotless swish and the nicest hotel weve stayed in in the UK. We stayed monday night the bank holiday during easter.The prosecco and cream tea was delicious ummm umm the lemon curd was heavenly.We happily sat and watched te world go by in the main bar area.
We ventured over to Mercedes World and spent a relaxed afternoon looking at all the cars on show and then booked a driving experience for the tuesday.
Back to the hotel we visited the spa but were to disorganized and hadnt prebooked anything a bit annoyed with ourselves but we had prebooked dinner and didnt want to miss that.
The hotel staff were all friendly everyone with out exception greeted us with.a smile.
We were lucky to get front facing room which meant we had a view of the track skid pan etc.
I loved it here and know my husband really enjoyed it.It made a nice change to be geared towards the men in the style sence.Downside and theres only one we both found the bed really uncomfortable.Neither of us slept that well.I think the matress was to hard for us both.
I would love to go back soon

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front.I rang the hotel directly and was lucky
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
We are delighted that you had a great birthday stay and that you were able to enjoy one of our Groupon offers. We do advise to book the spa in advance as it does get busy at the weekends but hopefully next time you will be able to enjoy this part of the hotel. I am pleased the team looked after you well and that you were upgraded to a front facing room, although we can never guarantee this will happen you can pay a supplement to guarantee the view. I hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Following a visit to Mercedes Benz World with my husband and family I booked a room and an evening meal to celebrate his 70th birthday.. Unfortunately due to a staff event the restaurant was closed. We should have been advised of this. After our initial disappointment Stefano the Restaurant Manager came to our rescue, he prepared a table just for us and couldn't have been more attentive. The food was excellent and to top it all the duty manager said that we would not have to pay for our drinks . We had a superb evening thanks to Stefano. The hotel itself is wonderful, very modern and comfortable and although we didn't have an opportunity to use the spa it did look very inviting. Many thanks to all concerned who made it a night to remember.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
We are delighted that you had a great stay with us and do apologise that your details were missed in regards to contacting you with the restaurant being closed on Sunday evening and only bar meals being served. I am pleased that Stefano managed to sort and rectify this so that your special evening could go ahead as planned. Thank you for personally completing our internal guest satisfaction survey and for praising the team on making your evening a special one. We hope to welcome you back again very soon.
Colchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Free upgrade to a suite most appreciated.
Open plan suite beautifully compartmentalised - lounge, dining, office, plus hugest balcony. I presume they put seating out in summer.
Excellent beds. Good bathroom with separate shower.
Restaurant ok but nothing to write home about and pretty dark and dingy.
The bar is full of posers.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed an upgrade to a suite. We get many great comments on our restaurant and bar as being modern and contemporay with the low lighting in the evening setting the mood, I am sorry that this was not to your taste. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
10.5 km away
Hilton Cobham
Hilton Cobham
#4 of 4 in Cobham
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,536 reviews

Been to Brooklands Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK