“Good value and service from friendly staff”

New Spice Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 558 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

A last minute decision to eat before the Wolves game - we managed a 2 - 2 draw btw - left message on the restaurant ansaphone - and others - to book a table. Pleasantly surprised to get a rapid response from New Spice that decided our choice. Table ready on arrival 20 minutes later - well it was quiet at that point! However service was prompt staff friendly and pleasant without being intrusive. Food arrived swiftly giving us plenty of time to get to the match - did I say we struggled to a draw? Food was good I had lamb methi ghost for just about the right strength and spiciness for my palate, garlic nan enough for two people and very nice. Dopesn't have a drinks licence so bring your own - they supply glasses. Impressed with waiter who found customers reading glasses left on table on sprinted up street to return - I think we should sign him up as our winger! Overall good value for money and |I will return again - this time with a drink cheers! John

1  Thank johnkj

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Ate with a few friends on a Saturday evening.
It’s not licensed so you can take your own alcohol if you wish.
Some of us had starters and those that did enjoyed them.
Large, varied menu and there were no complaints from our party in terms of food.
Service was pleasant and swift.
We were the last customers in there and they made it quite obvious they wanted us to leave, however, this didn’t spoil our evening and I’ll happily return in the future.

1  Thank Man1cmom
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely friendly environment. Staff were happy to help. The food arrived hot. It was very filling and value for money.

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

My son and I ate here before a concert at the nearby Civic Hall. We ordered two starters - I had the Reshmi Kebab and he had the Paneer Shashliq. We then ordered a Lamb Balti and a Lamb Garlic Bahar. We had these with a Peshwari Naan each. The staff were friendly but the two youngest members seemed as though they were just starting and had to defer to the oldest before making any decision. However, the food came quickly, and was absolutely piping hot and tasted so very good. The Reshmi Kebab as particularly well spiced and very mouthful burst with flavour. My main course was sensational and the sweet naan, drizzled with honey on top was simply sensational. I cannot speak too highly of the fabulous food we had at this restaurant. Price wise, this little lot cost me under £26 - sensational value for money. Highly recommended, and I would happily travel to Wolverhampton again, just to visit.

1  Thank Swansearabman
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Hospitality vey good, and good service time. However food was spoilt by the fact that one of our party of 4 received partially raw chicken as part of his main. The staff were very apologetic and cancelled that meal from our bill. Myself and another member of the party had bad stomachs next day. We will not be returning any time soon.