All reviews honeymoon suite sea view wedding reception sea front birthday party old building friendly hotel third floor buffet style bottled water function room couple of nights full english breakfast comfortable room cooked breakfast worthing seafront breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 7 April 2018

We stayed here for 1 night and booked a double executive room with breakfast for £75. We thought it was good value. The staff were very friendly and the room was clean with a comfortable bed. Yes the windows are original sash but the room was warm enough, bright and airy. They state on their website there isn't a lift so not sure why people are complaining about that. Read the information before booking is my suggestion! The breakfast was freshly cooked with no grease and the lady in the restaurant was very helpful to me as I am gluten free. All in all an enjoyable stay. If you want ultra luxury you will need to pay more for your hotel.

Room Tip: If you stay at weekends ask for a quiet room as they have function rooms and entertainment at weekends.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank louiseknapp
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Where do I start absolutely fantastic.we held our daughter's wedding reception and there attention to detail was second to none.They catered for 70 guests and everyone commented on how great the food was.We had two buffets and both were super quality.The room it was held in was stunning and beautifully decorated for us.It was without doubt an amazing day.The staff were superb and nothing was too much trouble.Devon I hope I spelt her name right who served behind the bar was a ray of sunshine and incredibly polite and was constantly smiling even when I saw her for breakfast service after being behind the bar all night.Would recommend this hotel for any special occasion as the events team give 100% and go above and beyond to make your day special.Thankyou so much from Mr and Mrs Wakeman the bride's mum and dad.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Andy w
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The hotel does not have a lift so no good if you have mobility or other medical condition like COPD etc. Not very clean. Stained bathroom lino which was beginning to lift. Windows are original sash and rotten. Decor very dated. I have to say that the bright point for me was that the staff were very friendly and helpful. Didn't use the bar but I think it is expensive. Poor choice at breakfast although cooked breakfast was ok, but only one sausage and one slice of bacon. No fresh rolls. Recently been in Europe and stayed in similar class hotels 3 star and they were miles better than this. About time the owners invested in it. Needs to be redeveloped and brought up to date. I won't be staying there again. Thankfully I was only there for one night. No parking on site although parking vouchers available for street parking from reception. Probably be an issue in the summer with all hotels vying for parking.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We held my 50th birthday party here for approximately 70 guests and it was perfect! The staff were very friendly throughout the booking and event itself; the room looked stunning and the food very well received by party guests. The entrance made a great photo backdrop and everything was fabulous! I would recommend The Burlington as a party venue.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Fiona R
Reviewed 30 March 2018

This hotel is lovely it has fantastic sea views and lots of charm. Stayed here whilst on business in the area. The room was lovely with amazing views, the room was very clean the king size bed was really comfortable slept like a log. The breakfast was excellent, the staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. There is no on-site parking here but as we arrived after six we found free parking overnight just outside the hotel. Loved worthing definatly worth a visit.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business