“Weekend Break”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Ashford
Cambridgeshire
“Weekend Break”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a weekend away while touring National Trust properties in Kent. It is well located and very good value for money for the special weekend rate. Rooms were excellent with all the facilities you would expect from this class of hotel. We only eat there fro breakfast but this was excellent with a good choice of cereals, pastries and the full English breakfast. Staff were all friendly, efficient and helpful. I'd have no hesitation in staying there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear CamsPig
Many thanks for recently reviewing our hotel and I’m pleased that you found the hotel a comfortable and enjoyable base for your weekend. There are so many beautiful castles and gardens in the area; we do hope to welcome you again in the near future so you can continue exploring. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I visited here with friends in March. We paid £79 each for one night, dinner, breakfast and one spa treatment. We had a fantastic time. The rooms are quite spacious and are very clean. We enjoyed a 3 course evening meal, paying a small supplement for particular choices on the menu. The spa treatment was rushed and my manicure chipped before I left the hotel but at the price we paid, I can't complain. We will be back.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Gannongirl
Thank you for your review following your recent spa break with us. My apologies that one of your spa treatments felt rushed; this is not indicative of our usual standards and I’m pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay. I do hope you will visit again soon. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager
Tunbridge Wells
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed for two nights in a large family room. The room had two double beds and one single 'z' bed. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was lovely, Nothing was too much trouble for the very friendly and helpful hotel staff. Two people who stood out were Miles (the general manager) and Julie (head of house keeping).

The pool was lovely and warm and we had a lovely fun time in it. Changing rooms were a little bit small, but good facilities and immaculately clean. The only small criticism I have is that the Jacuzzi was tiny. It would be good to either make it larger, or put another couple in.

The food for breakfast and evening meal was excellent and beautifully presented. Staff were attentive and made sure our young boys were well looked after.

Our stay represented fair and good value for money.

If I was in Ashford again, I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Cheryl H

Thank you for your lovely review and I have shared it with the team including Julie and Miles who was the Duty Manager that evening but he was flattered by your review! I’m pleased that you found your stay represented value for money and that you would be happy to return. We look forward to welcoming you again next time. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager
London
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed at the Ashford International for 1 night as I was working in the area and the hotel is excellent placed to the M20. However you do not notice from the hotel how close you are to the hotel. The hotel is modern and is excellent for a short stay.

Out of the hotels in the area I would say that this was one of the better hotel. Worth staying at if you are in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear ANK09

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I’m delighted that you found the hotel conveniently located for your business trip. We hope to welcome you back in the near future, perhaps next time for a leisure break? Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed in this hotel on Saturday 31st March for a 1 night Spa break. Have to say this hotel is very modern and we really liked the bedroom (double standard) we were originally going to upgrade but none was available so we kept to a standard but the standard was impressive. Glad we didn't upgrade. My husband was very happy with it. Beds were comfortable and it was a decent size room, clean and comfortable. The evening meal was very good quality and service was good. The restaurant was modern looking so the experience was better than expected. The treatment we had was nice. Have to agree with some others that the Spa facilities was OK but not very big. The gym was a good size. Jacuzzi was located next to the pool but it would have been really nice in a separate room with scented candles and soft music to create a more relaxing atmosphere. The Sauna and steam rooms were small but adequate. Hot stone beds didn't appear to work maybe there was a switch or button I needed to press - not too sure!

Breakfast was very good with plenty of choices. I spent the morning using the Jacuzzi, relaxation room and Sauna before lunch. I didn't realise lunch was a carvery which was a pleasant surprise I had thought it was just sandwiches. Again we were impressed and happy with the service.

Overall, it was a very nice stay and my husband even hinted he may go again. Highly recommend the Spa break, shame the offer has to be double occupancy because I would love to go on my own for a break. Worked out the cost separately on single occupancy and it would have been too expensive.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear travelbug1263
Thank you for your review following your recent spa break with us. I’m pleased that you both enjoyed your stay and that you would like to return. For single occupancy spa breaks the best thing to do would be to keep an eye on the QHotels website for the best deals. Thanks again and I will share your lovely comments with the team. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashford
32.2 km away
4.1 km away
Premier Inn Ashford Central Hotel
14.4 km away
London Beach Country Hotel & Spa

Been to Ashford International Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK