“Some vegan choices in a funky café”
Review of Lost Sheep Coffee

Lost Sheep Coffee
Ranked #8 of 28 Quick Bites in Ashford
Description: Locally Owned Independent Speciality Coffee Shop. We believe in Quality over Quantity, so you will not find any Large cups in our shops, nor will you find any Syrups. We look to show case the natural flavours of the coffee. All the coffee we use is Roasted Locally by ourselves in Whitstable and we only use Speciality Grade coffee beans, which equate for the Top 5% of coffee beans produced in the world. We look forward to you joining us and enjoying our coffee.
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Vegan options: hot drinks - oat milk, soya milk. Falafel and Hummus wrap, vegan chocolate brownie in two days time! All in all very good for a coffee. ☕

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Tried to email before leaving a review but, after extensive searching could find no email address.
This is with regard to my visit to Lost Sheep at the McArthur Glen Outlet in Ashford on 8/6/18.
It was my birthday and my husband and I had intended to have an enjoyable day out.
We have always used your vans both in Ashford and Canterbury and like to support local businesses so we stopped off at your new cafe for a coffee before shopping.
Unfortunately the member of staff who served us, Evan, was unpleasant and sarcastic.

I appreciate that you are a specialist coffee shop but although I love coffee I have an intolerance to it so always have to have mine extremely weak.

I asked for a very weak half shot coffee and Evan replied, with no hint of humour, 'Soft drinks and milk are over there', pointing to the fridge. Not a smile passed his lips.

I drank my coffee but was upset so afterwards I asked him if I could have a word with him and told him that I was upset by his attitude and his sarcasm.
He said it was only a joke when clearly it wasn't.

There was no greeting from him when we entered the cafe or when we approached the counter and his attitude was dour to the point of being rude. Certainly not the friendly experience that we have always encountered on previous occasions from other staff members, and definitely not a good representative for your business, which you have commendably built up.
One bad member of staff can give a business a bad name. I would advise that this particular member undergoes some customer service training before he does your reputation damage.

It marred my day, which was supposed to have been a special day and my husband and I will be reticent to return.
June H-B

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 1 June 2018

Pleasant cafe, very good coffee and a nice selection of gluten free cakes. Would have got five points if they didn't serve hot coffee in handle-less glasses, and if the gluten-free cakes had been clearly kept separate from the gluten containing cakes and had obvious separate utensils to serve them with. I chose the brownie as it didn't look crumbly and was at the far end, so less likely to have cross contamination. It was delicious.

1  Thank Jill T
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Came in here to have a coffee and sit down as my back was hurting and I couldn’t walk around any longer. Place wasn’t busy yet I stood at the till for over 5 minutes waiting for the customer in front of me to stop messing around with refunds and payment methods. There were 3 members of staff behind the counter and it was rather evident that I was in pain and my walking stick was also a hint that I had trouble standing up. None of the staff paid attention or offered any help. Funny thing is that one of the even said that they weren’t busy! When I finally placed my order I was given a bag of coffee with a number on it to carry. I only have two hands one was busy holding my walking stick the other my phone and cash card! Again no help offered and I even had to ask if someone can bring my coffee over! I then looked to find somewhere to sit, all the sofas were taken and they are too low for me to get up off, all the other chairs had no back to them and the only chair I could sit on had a wire back with hardly any cushion on the bottom to sit on. Lucky I found some cushions to put behind my back for support. However I was wearing a dress and the back of my legs have a square design on them from the wire I was sitting on which is now rather painful! If you have any disabilities this isn’t the place to come! I’m feeling worst off than when I walked in and I was supposed to rest and relax for half hour!

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

We know this local coffee business from its original van in Canterbury - now, I understand, a refurbed shipping container - & this is certainly a welcome addition to the Ashford Outlet Village.
Chic, minimalistic, industrial interior - very cool & very comfortable
The owners are serious coffee nuts, & it shows. The coffee is ground in-house, & is absolutely delicious, with the Piccolo a particular fave (small & strong) although my wife prefers something lighter. They also offer a good assortment of non dairy milks.
The food offer is also very good, with delicious & good value salads, although on this visit I stuck to a sweet accompaniment for my coffee - the nata was the best I’ve had outside of Portugal!
If you like coffee, this is a destination coffee house - pure & simple!