“Little Gem”
Review of Cafe Red

Cafe Red
Ranked #82 of 214 Restaurants in Banbury
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Visited Cafe Red on a lovely sunny day to sit outside by the canal & we enjoyed a great cup of coffee & a delicious chicken panini served by two lovely ladies both clearly happy that we were so satisfied. How refreshing! We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

We paid a shirt visit to this little cafe during a business trip. It was mid afternoon and virtually empty. The atmosphere was lovely and quiet, service was quick and our beverages were lovely.

We will definitely visit again soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Called in for lunch ahead of visiting the current exhibition at the museum. Had to stand at the counter for a fair, largely ignored, while a stream of staff passed by, servicing an admittedly busy restaurant. Having read so many good things about it here, I ordered the moussaka, only to be told there was none. Stepped to one side to let others go ahead while I reconsidered my order. Had to wait again for a staff member to emerge from the kitchen, and was then told that there was only one chef in the kitchen, so no more food orders were being accepted - but I could have coffee and cake! Passed on that and went elsewhere. Returned to view the (excellent) exhibition and, as it was a lovely, bright sunny day, decided to give a second chance and have coffee in the sun by the canal. The young man made my latte very carefully, and I was looking forward to a nice drinK in sight of the waterway. Plonked myself down only to find that the coffee was lukewarm. Not impressed.

1  Thank Caledonianne
Reviewed 18 March 2017

A friend and I visited a couple of weeks and I brought my husband back this week because we had endpjoyed it so much. Lovely bright and spacious inside with a great selection of food and drinks. Outside overlooking the canal are a few chairs where you can watch the world go by and soak up some rays. Beautiful. They also offer a great deal of a cream tea for two for £5.95. Great value!

Reviewed 2 March 2017

If you are visiting Banbury then one of the best places to drop in for a coffee, light lunch and a touch of high quality Greek food then give Cafe Red on the canalside a try. An excellent lunch last week served by a young enthusiastic team- eager to place. And before or after you can pop upstairs into the Banbury Museum and up across the glass bridge into the shopping centre.

1  Thank bobjo2015