“Who would have thought it”
Review of Sale Pepe

Sale Pepe
Ranked #32 of 215 Restaurants in Banbury
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

inauspiciously located I could not have been more impressed! Once inside, the location was forgotten. Personal service, where we, as customers, mattered, friendly, unique and the food nothing less than excellent. Fish stew followed by Panna Cotta, thoroughly recommend and looking forward to another visit soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2015

We love eating Italian food and word had reached us that there was something a bit special in the backstreets of Banbury. As others have mentioned, the location of Sale Pepe is not exactly auspicious but at least there’s plenty of parking. The ambience is very Italian and somehow, even before tasting a single dish, there was a feeling that the chef would be at the very top of his game. And so it proved to be. Early on we somehow agreed to buy a 2 litre bottle of house red (only three of us were drinking!) and then came the starters and, oh my, we were completely blown away by the garlic mushooms on Italian bread. For mains, my wife (very picky) loved the Lemon Sole while for me the super–delicious pizza had the kind of crispy base you just don’t seem to find outside of Italy. All in all, the super food and big portions left us very pleasantly stuffed at the end of the evening, and maybe just a little tipsy from the rather nice (two-litre) bottle of house red.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

I have visited 4 times & taken a different set of people with me who have all said they want to go again. Lovely food at reasonable prices & friendly staff, plus it is in walking distance & has free parking if I want to drive there without the hassle of going into the town centre - just wish I had tried it sooner.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

I have been here on 2 occasions now and it was great both times. As previous reviews have said...don't worry about the boring looking outside, its really nice inside. Good fresh food. All delicious.

Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

Decided to visit after many a positive review and friends suggesting to try it out.

Turned up without booking and was given s spacious table. My wife and 14 year old were eating.

Was served quickly giving our starters and drinks orders. Starters took around 20 minutes with drinks instantly. I'd say it was around 80% full.

We then ordered mains, starters were brilliant really enjoyed. Calamari and the Antipasti Original were shared.

Mains took around an hour, no complaint here as I feel it's nice not to be rushed in and out. Overall we were there for 2 hours costing around £20 per head. Money well spent. Look forward to visiting again.