“Great Fun!”

A Day in the Country
More attraction details
Owner description: A Day In The Country is an award winning Corporate Events, Team Building and Conference venue based on the Oxfordshire / Northamptonshire border. The venue is set in a 250 acre estate, featuring three trout lakes surrounded by woodland. The hospitality area and conference suite are housed in a magnificent 18th century barn, which has been sympathetically converted to offer the best of both worlds; open log fires combine with the sophistication of a modern conference and hospitality suite. Corporate activities range from Clay Shooting, Archery, Air Pistol Shooting, Rage Buggies, 4×4 Driving, Tractor Driving, Falconry, Hovercraft driving to Team Building Exercises and our Ropes Course and Raft Building.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I booked the Tractor Driving Experience at A Day In The Country for my wife’s 60th birthday, and it was such good value that I also booked a place for myself.
When we arrived we were greeted with free coffee and biscuits and, after the briefest of instructions, were set loose on the four tractors which were available to drive:
- A JCB telescopic loader, where the task was to load pallets onto a trailer and then unload them again
- A little grey Fergie, which enabled us to do some ploughing
- A big Case tractor pulling a cultivator
- A slightly smaller Case tractor pulling a trailer around an obstacle course, including reversing said trailer into a coned-off area
The instructors were great – friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. Help was always on hand and there were extra instructions for those who needed it.
There were 9 participants on the day, ranging from a girl celebrating her 18th birthday to a guy celebrating his 80th birthday. We all had great fun and I did not hear one single negative comment from either the participants or the spectators they had brought along with them. The whole experience lasted almost two and a half hours, and at the end we were presented with certificates.
If you want to have a go at being a farmer, A Day In The Country is the place for you! And remember to take your camera - there are loads of opportunities to take photos.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"tea"
"hall"

Reviewed 26 February 2014

My gorgeous partner bought me a tractor driving experience at A Day In The Country. We stayed in the Cartwright Hotel (see separate review) then set off early on a perfect clear-blue day in the middle of otherwise dreadfully wet weather.

The event began with reception drinks in the lovely barn which has had open fires added in each corner so that it feels cosy and welcoming somehow. When the guests were assembled we trooped off to the closest field where I drove a tractor with a trailer - slalom then reversing. The coach couldn't have been nicer and suggested that he have my two year old son on his lap. My two year old is still talking about it! I think I was exceptionally lucky on the day of my visit to have both amazing weather and a chap who was willing to take my son Hugo in the tractor with us. I would not recommend this as an attraction for children, though.

The tractors are fantastic machines and it's fascinating talking to the coaches and ploughing a field. All in all, I drove a tractor/trailer combination, a low loader with a fork lift, a powerful ploughing tractor with a reversible plough and an antique tractor with a fixed plough.

If you're looking for a fun half day in the countryside with the possibility of a little insight into tractors, ploughing and farming, consider this attraction. It's friendly, utterly professional and amazing value for money.

6  Thank carlrobertwhite
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Another well organised and varied day with good equipment and well informed staff buggies and hovercraft excellent pistol shooting great fun . Food at lunch very good and plentiful. Will hope to go again in a couple of years