“Friendly cosy cafe”

Ranked #79 of 225 Restaurants in Banbury
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 18
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: A delightful rural garden centre on the border of three counties (Warwickshire, Oxfordshire and Northamptonshire). We offer a range of home made breakfasts,lunches and a selection of hot drinks and cakes. So if you want to pop in and collect some of our extensive range of herbs, walk the nature trails, or have a spot of lunch, a cup of tea and a cake please pay us a visit.
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

I visited with my children and a friend with her children. Friendly polite staff took our order and brought our cakes and drinks over to us. We each tried different cake and all loved our choices. I had Victoria sponge gorgeously yummy homemade cake. Nice cosy atmosphere too. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Decent place for coffee and good selection of cakes.

They also do light meals which are very nice. This is a good place to take family or other visitors to the area or spend an hour or so, in preference to one of the ubiquitous chain coffee shops.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Very highly recommend the herb centre Bistro. The food is excellent, reasonably priced with a good selection. Particularly love the tasty Sunday roasts and the home made cakes are delicious. The staff are extremely warm & friendly. Can't wait for my next visit !

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Yesterday was a good day for a full English breakfast Excellent and good value as had offer of two for £ 12-00 My friend hadn't been there before but said would definitely visit again Service with a smile on a old wet day

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

The gardens were very nice but the restaurant was poor and we waited an hour for our drinks it was appalling and my pregnant wife got food poisoning

Date of visit: February 2017
Sam T, Owner at The National Herb Centre Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaary

I find this review exceptionally hard to believe. My wife is currently pregnant and regularly eats up here. Our chefs are exceptionally thorough in ensuring stock is rotated and that food is only kept within the guidelines of the HSE. Our working practices are good and we have a 5 star rating for food hygiene. Please could you get in contact with us on info@herbcentre.co.uk to let us know what she ate and when. I assume that you had no problem with whatever you ate? I see this is the only review you have written and would like to clarify if it is geniune.