“Pleasant for a light lunch”
Review of Muffin Break

Muffin Break
Ranked #3 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Banbury
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 March 2017

Had a panini heated, ham and cheese, they do some basic quick lunches cakes sandwiches that sort of thing, sausage rolls etc. Drinks. The lunch was nice, pleasant staff, clean and tidy restaurant, located in the main shopping centre. I have often visited here. They bring your order to your table.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

It is clear that all these reviews about poor customer service are not been taken on board. Just been for a coffee with friends and here it was the same awfully rude face of a girl who clearly doesn't want to be here, rolling her eyes at each drink order being placed, slamming things on the bar and who's yet to learn the difference between semi and full skimmed milk (respectively green and red bottle). Frankly I feel that there's plenty of people out there ready to get a job, and management should seriously consider other candidates. It is insulting having to write yet another negative review after months of observing the same behaviour. I'd also suggest for management to go get trained as they clearly need to learn how to address these issues and manage their staff.

1  Thank Carmen P
Reviewed 16 January 2017

My colleague and I visit this coffee shop quite frequently but lately the service has been awful. Some of the staff appear to be incapable of getting the order right or there are long delays in being served and quite frankly, the scene is chaotic. Today was the last straw when I was served by an older woman who seemed to be training everyone behind the counter to the detriment of the customers in the queu. She asked me what I wanted and as I went to answer she turned away had a conversation with a member of staff about milk, faffed about with that and then came back to me. I ordered but she had to ask me again what I wanted. This is going on whilst the guy in front was trying to explain that the three drinks he ended up with weren't what he actually ordered. Again, her attention was away from me whilst she involved herself in this. The girl making the coffee asked me if I'd ordered a hot chololate which I hadn't. By this time I was getting a tad frustrated and rolled my eyes. The older woman launched into me stating that "everyone has to learn darling" Her ability to deal with a frustrated customer was poor and she just became argumentative and accused me if being rude. Hasten to say I will not be going back as there are plenty of other coffee shops and cafes in Banbury to choose from. With only an hour to sparefor lunch it's Back to the Granary for us.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

The place seems very busy and there's often a long queue which can be discouraging at times. The staff seems to lack techniques to serve customers quickly and accurately. I asked for a skinny latte and I got a flat white. The drink was made again in front of me using semi skimmed milk and presented as fully skimmed. I didn't point that out as I could see the staff was already stressed out and it wasn't the end of the world, however I feel I should have gotten what I asked for instead of being treated like a fool.
That aside, food and drinks are good quality, definitely among the best in town.

Rishivans, General Manager at Muffin Break, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Dear Carmen,
Thank you for this review and I take your comments very seriously. As.you pointed out, it was very busy and stressed out environment as we moved into newly extended shop. We are working on retraining and aim to become efficient going forward. We also aim to establish new customer base to whom we would like to serve correctly with view to receive repeat business. We hope we can serve you better next time round.
Many thanks again
Manager
Muffin Break

Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

Without doubt the best place for a tea or coffee in town.Friendly helpful staff combined with good quality food and drink.Top notch ! only minor gripe is I wish they would play 80s and 90s music but hey can't have everything!

1  Thank mandrake s