“Lovely food and drink”

Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 19
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pinto Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe lounge that's open 9am till 11pm everyday. Where families, friends, and locals can enjoy coffee, cocktails and loads in between! A nice big breakfast, something light to eat at lunch time and some tasty tapas in the evening. All in the relaxed comfortable environment of a lounge. We have a heated courtyard and well behaved children and dogs are welcome too!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Live locally in Banbury and have visited several times now with either just my wife (this occasion) or with my family and every time I cannot fault the quality of the food or drinks, lovely in fact and considering booking in a Christmas party. A particular favourite is the watermelon ice tea and they do a lovely beetroot homous that my wife is obsessed with. I had the poached egg on fish cake which was morerish.

PintoLounge, General Manager at Pinto Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi,

Thank you for your lovely review.

Please contact pinto@thelounges.co.uk as we would love to find out how to turn this from a 4 star into a 5 star review.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Pinto

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had heard really good things about the vegan breakfast here and was so excited to try them out yesterday for brunch.

The food was okay, but everything on the plate was cold or just lukewarm - the toast was stone cold, the beans only just warm, and the hash browns, peppers and spinach were barely warm too. No one came to see how our food was so I didn’t say anything, and I was so hungry I scoffed the lot anyway, but it shows when food has been sat about before being taken to a table. Perhaps Pinto lounge could think about warming their plates as this might help quite a bit especially during busy times?

Other than that, service was fine and it was clear they were very busy. Considering this, the food was reasonably quick (took about 25 minutes), however, I personally would’ve rather waited another 10 minutes and had hot food!

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

Sorry to hear about the problems you had on your last visit.

Please contact pinto@thelounges.co.uk so we can discuss this further.

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Pinto

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The atomsphere was fine and the food came hot and tasty. However the problems started when we have to ask for a dessert after waiting 1hr and 45mins. The waitress was rude and thirty mins said it was on its way. In that time the waitress did not clean our table even when asked too. They seemed very short staffed and there was a lack of teamwork in the restaurant. Lastly, there sorry excuse for a milkshake was not worth £3.00. The reason we will be back is for the vegan menu.

PintoLounge, General Manager at Pinto Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Russell,

We are very sorry to hear about your recent visit.

Please do get in contact with us so we can discuss this further.

Pinto@thelounges.co.uk

We would love to make this right.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 7 October 2018

We went as a group booking, ordered in advance and the food was still underwhelming. I had the Mexican Super Bowl with hallomi and it was just bland. The butternut squash was soggy, the rice and salsa flavourless and the beans were dry. If you are going to offer budda bowls, they need to pack in the flavour. At £10, this one was naff. My friends mac and cheese was also very greasy. On the plus side, the churros with caramel and chocolate sauce were generous in portion and very tasty (which was good as I was starving after my main). The night was saved by a good pudding and lovely staff but I won't be going back.

Hi Jenny,

We are really sorry to hear about your experience.

If you would please contact us at pinto@thelounges.co.uk we would love to discuss this with your further and hopefully resolve the matter.

We pride ourselves on not only our service but our food so would love an opportunity to have a tick in both boxes

Look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Really nice place with unusual Decor and a good selection of food. I would highly recommend the chicken avocado burger and churros- so delicious!

I knocked off a star because of the strange service. The waiter must have asked us 2 or 3 times if we wanted more drinks and when we said yes he told us we had to get up and order at the bar! This meant our food getting cold whilst we queued to order another round.

PintoLounge, General Manager at Pinto Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Hi sj1122826,

Thank you for your review. We are so glad you enjoy the decor and the food.

This does sound very odd to us as well and we will investigate it.

We are predominately bar service, however our loungers are instructed to serve drinks at the table if volume of service allows.

Hopefully see you soon