“Terrific food in a relaxing environment!”
Review of The Roebuck Inn

The Roebuck Inn
Ranked #37 of 217 Restaurants in Banbury
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 32
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Roebuck Inn, Drayton is a quality traditional village pub situated on the outskirts of Banbury which is 400 years old and bursting with character. The location is ideal for walkers and ramblers with many beautiful walks all around the area. Hook Norton beers are always available on tap and we are Cask Marque accredited so you can be guaranteed a perfect pint every time. All of the food at The Roebuck Inn is always cooked to order and we only use fresh produce and we try to source it locally when ever possible. The Roebuck Inn is family friendly and have highchairs available as well as wheel chair access.
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

We’ve been here twice and both times had superb meals - Nick is a superb chef, excelling at various classic pub dishes. The service is excellent and the atmosphere is very relaxing.

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

We visited the Roebuck as we have done many times before & had a lively Sunday lunch.
We are never disappointed by this lovely little pub with its home cooked food & great customer service.
We are even considering having our works Christmas party here.
Looking forward to our next visit.

1  Thank Carol7975
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I have been past this pub a 100 times and always thought how nice it looks, so I booked a table for 10 to celebrate my husband birthday!!! We arrived on time and were the only ones in there ( Saturday 1pm) we were shown to our table and we were quite shocked at how badly decorated and dirty it was!!! ( spiderwebs and dust everywhere) after 25 minutes I went to find a member of staff to finally order our drinks and food and another 10 min later she finally came!! We ordered everything we wanted and waited again!!! Drinks came and we waited again!!! We waited 80 min for our food to arrive, and oh my god it was bad!!! The burgers were so tough ( they wouldn’t even bend let alone cut, the fish was burnt, the chicken nuggets were dripping with fat and my ham and eggs were disgusting ( more fat than ham and the eggs were crusty and dark !!! made in a dirty pan!)
A member of staff came to see if we were ok , and we asked her to take everything away as it was awful!! She was quite rude and said to be specific!!! I showed her every meal we ordered and explained that we have just been left to sit here for over an hour with no service at all!! She left to call the manager, and again we were left to wait!!! We paid for our drinks and left!!! We were told that it’s the food suppliers fault ( but to be honest, it’s was the chefs and staffs fault) it was the worst experience ever!! I have never walked out of a restaurant before, but this was absolutely disgusting!!! I have worked in many pubs and restaurants and never have I experienced such bad service ( well no service) and food ever!!! If I was the manager I would off apologised to the customers, made the drinks be on the house and offered them to come back a have a burger on the house but instead we just left and will never return or ever advise anyone else to go there!!!

6  Thank jenniferrettig
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Having tried unsuccessfully to find a pub serving food on a Monday night in the Wroxton/Banbury area we turned up at this interesting and slightly quirky Inn. The patron/Chef Nick was on his own serving drinks, providing meals and generally keeping things going. He was very welcoming and somehow managed to get meals out, drinks served and have some friendly chat. The food was hot and tasty - we had home made Steak and Ale pie that was crammed full of tasty, melt in your mouth beef steak. Worth a visit especially if your looking for food on a Monday.

1  Thank tonyZ8908LQ
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Well it is not a Michelin star restaurant, it's not 5 star hotel but is is what it is. Really great local pub with simple food and cold beer. You got a meet from local butcher. You got a pint from local breweries. You got not bad selection of wine and of course you got friendly and smily Nick

1  Thank adamwA1958EU