“Best Italian Restaurant”

La Foglia
Ranked #19 of 215 Restaurants in Banbury
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 39
Reviewed 23 January 2018

My work colleagues and I decided to visit La Foglia after hearing a lot of great reviews about the food. We had left work and travelled up to Banbury from north west London and I can most definitely state that La Foglia is by far the best Italian restaurant I have ever been too. The food was authentic and everything was fresh/homemade. The Linguine ai Gamberoni and Salmone was nothing short of incredible.
All the staff were friendly, inviting and attentive. I will most definitely be visiting La Foglia very soon with my family.

1  Thank Dinesh S

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Visited this restaurant last week as Italian is my favourite and heard this was under new management. The food was fantastic - tasty, well presented, great choice and realistically priced - and the staff were friendly and attentive without being in your face. A great evening out!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Very disappointed with this restaurant and definitely will not return on a Saturday night. We had a table booked for 8.30pm and to be fair it was ready. However the room was very full and there were several parties in. We waited for nearly an hour before our orders were taken. The staff were very nice and apologetic all evening. Whilst the food was good I do not feel it made up for the long wait. A couple who came in after us were served within 15 minutes. Whilst a table that were actually seated and enjoying a drink were served after us! I do feel that they need to have fewer covers and build up a reputation instead of trying to accommodate everyone who are then disappointed.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We were so impressed with this restaurant on our first outing and our last visit just cemented these feelings.

They really know how to do fish properly and we feasted mightily on the fruits of the sea.

The fried mixed plate starter mated light and crisp batter with soft squid and well salted whitebait...perfect.

My main was pan roast cod which was a proper lump of fish that married a crisp roast coat that had clearly been kissed by butter with soft and flaking flesh all complemented with a rich lemon butter sauce. See one satisfied diner!

My wife had sea bass fillets with a piquant tomato and chili sauce...again couldn't be faulted and had been handled by someone who knew exactly the right way to blend firey chillies with soft and yielding fish.

We will return!

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Popped here this evening to try it out. Italian is my favourite so was hoping it would be decent but it was delicious, even better than I hoped! Staff were friendly and courteous.
We were given complimentary bread and I think it was tapinade... It was amazing anyway! Main course was perfect, I wouldn't have changed a thing.
Will definitely be coming back again.
I suppose if I was being super fussy I'd mention there was quite a draft coming from the window which as I was Sat by it made my feet cold but this didn't affect the evening at all.
Thanks for an authentic Italian experience :)