“Made to feel awkward”
Review of Bailiff's Tap

Bailiff's Tap
Ranked #93 of 217 Restaurants in Banbury
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a drink with my partner, sister in law and 11 month old baby. Was unaware no children allowed, which is fine and I completely understand. I asked the gentleman in charge if he would like us to leave. He deliberated for several minutes making us all feel very unwelcome and awkward. He said usually no children but finally said we could stay for a drink. He then mentioned that if the baby got noisy or ‘kicked off’ we would have to leave. Bear in mind there was nobody else in the establishment and if our child did get upset as parents we would take it upon ourselves to deal with the situation and more than likely leave anyway. Will not be returning or recommending.

1  Thank hummus2018

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This very unpretentious establishment is a little oasis. Selling ales from lesser known micro and small brewerys from all over the country. Thankfully not a hint of Brewdog in sight.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a nose on way into town and surprised to find a large comfy area out the back. Could have stayed there the evening trying the range of ales on offer. Beers change regularly and prices competitive. Worth a visit if you like a well kept beer and a natter.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

3 weeks ago I stopped here for refreshments on my cycle back from work. I just loved the fact that the beers are always different, as are the customers who tend to sit in the front room (bar?). There is a long rear room with settees & tables, but I like the banter in the front. Yes ...it has become a good/bad habit, and only the snow stopped me today.
Not luxurious, but definitely recommended.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

A quirky little micro pub on the edge of town. Nice and cosy with no music just good conversation with friendly owners or local and out of town visitors.

1  Thank carlb0161