All reviews beefeater next door travel cot comfortable bed lots of parking good nights sleep many occasions weekend stay family get together beefeater restaurant all you can eat a ground floor room family room next morning main road clean rooms visiting family reception staff
Reviewed 22 July 2018

We were down for a christening and picked the Premier Inn in Basildon , Rayleigh. Premier Inn is a brand we trust and having the previous weekend spent a relaxing weekend in Greenwich this was a no brainer.
Fay was on reception and could not have been more helpful (especially as I was having a spot of bother getting onto the wi-fi).
The room was comfortable and surprisingly quiet for the amount of traffic passing on the Southend Arterial road. The breakfasts were served quickly and service was excellent. We had a Beefeater next door and it was nice to be able to have a quiet relaxing beverage in the beer garden. Our every need was catered for, room was spotlessly cleaned and I would definitely stay here again.
Well done to all.

Room Tip: We were on the South side so can only state that it was quiet,
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2018

Thanks. Staying with family before a relocation out of Basildon. Watched the football, they lost. Slept well, fans were put in the rooms due to the recent hot weather, this was much appreciated and done without asking.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2018

I wasn't sure if I had made the right decision staying here as other reviews had mentioned how hot the rooms were and that they were in need of refurbishment. However my worries were unfounded. The welcome was great, my room had been kept as cool as possible with the window open and the curtains drawn and a pedestal fan was provided. My room was a little tired, especially the bathroom but every effort had been made to minimise this and it was very clean. Food in the Beefeater next door was also good although they do get busy. Overall I wouldn't hesitate to stay again and the complimentary chilled bottle of water on check out was a lovely gesture.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Room doesn’t have air condition! Cot bed for baby doesn’t have any mattress! Furniture is very old and carpet dirty. I do not recommend for family in summer time, my baby can’t sleep was too hot and cot bed was not for use!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
WhitbreadHotels, Guest Relations at Premier Inn Basildon South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Hello Anna,

I'm disappointed to hear of the issues you experience whilst staying with us. I can imagine how much frustration this caused and this certainly isn't what we'd expect for our guests nor is it our usual standard.

This is one of our hotels which doesn't provide A/C. We've stated this on our website to make sure our guests are informed and to prevent any disappointment when getting to the hotel but I apologise if this was missed. Also, due to hygiene and health and safety reasons, we don't add mattresses to our cots.

Rest assured, all comments in regards to the cleanliness and room temperature have been passed to the hotels management team. We wouldn't want something like this to happen again so thank you for taking the time to write your review. If you'd like to discuss these issues further, please do so with our Guest Relations team. You can contact them by calling 0333 003 0025 (option 1). You can also submit your complaint/feedback on our website via the 'Contact Us' page and a member of our Guest Relations team will get back to you within 14 days.

Please accept our apologies for the experience you had. We'd hate to think that experience would put you off staying with us again so please have confidence that this isn't our usual standard. We also take all complaints and feedback very seriously so thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

We really hope to see you again soon.

Ricky

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Out first visit to a Premier Inn. Spacious, clean, comfortable and very friendly. Good choice of breakfast (buffet and fried breakfast served hot). Basket of extra tea, coffee etc available at reception. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family