“80s Mania Night”
Review of Buxton Opera House

Buxton Opera House
Ranked #2 of 37 things to do in Buxton
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Theatre was packed and very hot and stuffy. Show started and everybody in front of us stood up. I had to stand through entire show to enable me to watch the show. Bar is shut during performance which means there is a mad rush during the interval. For shows like this I dont think this is necassary. Show was ok.

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"pavilion gardens"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Amazing show.Fantastic place staff friendly and attentive plenty about to help find your seat ect.Only very slight moan is the Bar and toilets dont seem big enough for the capacity of the building.That wouldnt put me of returning how ever.Fantastic experiance in a fantastic building.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Every time I visit the Buxton Opera House I feel blessed that we have this special place so near. The tickets are not too expensive, everything I have been to has been good and the variety of shows on offer just keeps improving.
The staff are extremely pleasant and helpful. Overall a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Went here at Christmas and enjoyed the show!!

Great panto, very professional, jokes for all ages. Was great to talk with the sound / effects guy in the interval who explained how the show works.

Seating availability / visibility was clearly explained and we could choose our seats ourselves. Recommend booking well in advance as the panto was nearly sold out.

Was worth going just to see the architecture / decor!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

I have been attending concerts/shows at Buxton Opera House for many years. It is situated in the picturesque historical & cultural area of central Buxton. The theatre itself is a delight & is immaculately decorated as it would have been at its height a hundred years ago.
I have seen many top acts over the years & many of them have made mention of the theatre & it's surroundings. Tickets are moderately priced & the venue efficiently run,mostly by volunteers.
My last visit was to the pantomime (Sleeping Beauty) with my family & we had a wonderful time,it was great value for money.
I would recommend anyone visiting Buxton who has a spare evening (or matinee where applicable) & fancies taking in a show to visit The Opera Houses website...you might be pleasantly surprised.

1  Thank Martin H