The Pend
US$ 118
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 142/night.

US$ 131
US$ 269
US$ 113
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 161/night.

US$ 159
Bridge of Cally Hotel(Bridge of Cally)
US$ 158
  • Restaurant
East Haugh House(Pitlochry)
US$ 159
US$ 113
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 138/night.

Royal Hotel(Blairgowrie)
US$ 103
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from these sites
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My husband and I have just had a fantastic weekend stay at The Pend where we were welcomed by Peter, Molly and Brydie. The rooms were spotless and nicely decorated, and the location is perfect for fantastic restaurants, STUNNING walks, a wonderful deli, and LOADS of activities. Peter was exceptionally helpful and kind: my husband and I tried to book a taxi to take us somewhere 10 miles away but all taxis were fully booked so he drove us there and would not take any money. Every morning we indulged in one of Peters wonderful breakfasts - YUM! Thanks for a wonderful stay, made even more special by the lovely Molly and Brydie.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2011

The westies and peter were very accommodating, but not intrusive.

Great breakfast, particularly the arbroath smokies.

Bedroom was clean and well appointed with some lovely antiques.

The nearby Indian restaurant is a must for curry lovers too.

Room Tip: The family room is the largest with a double and single bed.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2011

This is my first time writing on tripadvisor but my husband and I felt we would like to thoroughly recommend The Pend to anyone thinking of spending a few days in Dunkeld. This was a return trip for us and though it had been 5 years The Pend was every bit as good as we remembered it. The location is perfect, very central while still being quiet just 30 seconds on foot up the hill from the main street. There is private parking for residents at the rear of the building and a very warm welcome from the proprietor Peter and his 2 gorgeous westies Mollie and Bridie, they both know their jobs as representatives of the establishment very well and loved showing us round the very nicely decorated and well appointed building. Our room was large with a good size double bed and a single bed, antique furniture and a wash hand basin. There are 2 good size bathrooms which serve 3 bedrooms in close proximity and nice quality robes are provided in the rooms as well as fresh milk in a mini fridge and a very good selection of tea, herbal tea, coffee and hot chocolate as well as some scottish shortbread.
My husband and I had been mentioning the dinner's at The Pend during just about every conversation about great scottish cuisine for the last 5 years after our fabulous meal previously and we weren't disappointed by our experience this time. Three well thought out and well balanced courses and tea or coffee of an extremely high quality. Peter actually only does this now for small parties with adequate advance notice for obvious reasons as he sources and prepares the meals himself. Although the B&B is not licensed there is wine available locally and there is an impressive range of very good vintages available in 'The Scottish Deli' known locally as Menzies of Dunkeld less than a minutes walk away on Atholl Street and more commercially familiar wines available at the local co-op which Peter is happy to open for a very modest corkage.
A full range of breakfast options are available and like with everything at The Pend you get the feeling that quality and service really matter as well as making you feel that you are among friends.
Dunkeld itself is well worth a visit with a very vibrant and friendly atmosphere with live music many nights in the Taybank an other establishments in the area, great walks by the river and a good choice of bistro's and restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2011

My wife and I stayed her for a night as a get away from Edinburgh for the weekend. What a lovely, welcoming place. We had a really nice, big room on the first floor that was very quiet and awoke to the smell of a fresh breakfast.

We spent the day wondering around the sights of Dunkeld and a great night in the Taybank pub, just around the corner. The Pends is ideally positioned for such a day.

The breakfast the next morning was tremendous. Great choice, and really fresh, local produce. The fruit salad that come with the breakfast (at no extra cost) was the biggest I ever seen, and we hardly made a dent in it.

In contrast to another review, I have to say that the highlight of the Pends were the wee westie terriers that made us feel right at home and didn't leave any "little presents"!

All together I would recommend the Pends to anyone passing through this area and looking for a lovely place to stay or for a nice weekend away from Edinburgh or Glasgow.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Pend in September with my son. The welcome and assistance for parking car and storage of bikes was second to none.Rooms were spacious and very comfortable with small fridge, fresh milk and various teas etc.Breakfast was excellent with eggs cooked to perfection and a lovely fruit salad .Only drawback from giving a 100% is no en suite facilities but there are 2 bathrooms for 3 rooms.My stay overlapped for one night with the review from Fife which I find puzzling as they had researched their stay which states there are 2 dogs.. Why did they not inform Peter when incident happened to give him the chance to clean up and make amends? While I agree it would not be pleasant for this to happen I can think of a lot worse and unfortunately dogs are like children, and even adults,they do have accidents.If I felt this strongly I would have left immediately.

Room Tip: First floor beside bathroom
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family