4,198 results
All reviews evening entertainment overlooking the harbour bar prices excellent value for money bit dated canterbury
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Room 1501
1. Extractor fan was not working 2. I must to pass from the restaurant and bar hall to get to my room which was inconvenient 3. it was clear the bed sheets were not washed for a while so I used my own bed sheet
4. wifi is very weak in rooms and must go to reception floor to use internet.
5. Parking is 3.5 pound for a night and it is difficult to find a car park if u come late.
6. the Entrance is very crowded. you should smell smoke as many people smoking by the entrance.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank marwanof
Reviewed 3 April 2018

This is the second time we've stayed at the Grand Burstin Hotel with a National Holidays trip. The last time we stayed was in 2014.

On this occasion in March 2018 I requested a sea view room which we got which was fantastic. The Hotel is quite old and worn but the room was absolutely fine as a base.

What i really was impressed with this visit was the quality of the Food in the Restaurant there was lot's of it and the service from the staff was impeccable.

Also included in our stay was a complimentary pass to the Gym and Swimming Pool facilities which aren't very big but great when it's included in the price.

Also the Bar are and Foyer have free Wi-Fi which is handy.

All said and done very happy with the Grand Burstin Hotel just don't expect the Hilton or Marriott.

Room Tip: Sea view - Non Smoking
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndrewWhitby85
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Hands down the worst and most insulting management management I have ever encountered. The staff were nice enough, however the manager was the most condescending and insulting "person" I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. Avoid at all costs. I was barred from bringing a girl back to my room after a night out... absolutely ridiculous!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
5  Thank Fred P
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with work for 3 nights. Well room was basic towels only very small . No shower gel in bathroom. Room was basic but clean. TV not very good couldn't get half the channels no signal. Reported it but nothin done. Food was ok but goes cold very quick. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Long waits at reception a lot of the time. Hotel is very busy. Cheap offers they have

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary H
Reviewed 1 April 2018

My wife and I stayed at the Grand Burstin Hotel for 4 nights from 26th March 2018. On arrival we were made to feel very welcome and the hotel was large but very clean. We didn't pay much for the stay so our expectations were not high. When we got to our room we were so surprised. The room was large and clean, with 3 beds, plenty of storage room and a nice en suite. To cap it all there was a lovely sea view from the window. The meals were all buffet style, so you could eat as much as you wanted. There was a good choice of meals and having tried most of them can vouch for the quaility - the food was superb! To cap it all our drinks from 7.30 pm until 11pm were priced at 99p. The entertainment was sufficient for our needs and If you wanted to use it there was a good size swimming pool, sauna and well equipped gym. All in all this was a fantastic bargain. In essence with the food, cheap drinks and entertainment the room cost was for virtually nothing.

Room Tip: There are lifts to all floors so accessibility is not a problem.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple