1,299 results
All reviews bay tree stained glass jacuzzi bath restaurant manager superior room lovely hotel four poster bed town centre sea view dog friendly hotel evening meal lovely room sea front lovely weekend street parking third floor the cliff
Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

Upon arrival we were greeted by very friendly front of house staff. Check in was smooth.
At first glance our room seemed to be a bit of a route march from the lift, however, as it turned out it was perfect.
The room was large with a very comfortable king size bed. The furniture was of good quality. There was a large flat screen Tv on the wall also of good quality. The bathroom was spacious with a BIG walk in shower and big fluffy towels.
We had a dinner bed and breakfast deal, the choice for both evenings was hot and of a good standard. Breakfast was a buffet style, there was plenty of choice, the Dining Room manager told me that they were able to deal with dietary needs if advised before arrival. The service courteous throughout the hotel.
There was a wedding on our second night, but, because of the forward planning of the staff we had an undisturbed night.
The hotel is approx 200mtrs from the sea front and approx 20 minute walk along the Leas with continuous sea views to the Town centre.
Will definitely return to this Hotel.

1  Thank Crisib
BURL-GM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Burlington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2016

Dear Guests,
Thank you for leaving a review and glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. I hope to see you again at the Burlington in the future. Yours sincerely

Reviewed 27 March 2016

One of the best hotels We´ve ever stayed in accross the world ! The staff and manager on duty made us feel at home as soon as we stepped in the entrance door! Cosy room, comfortable beds, beautiful view and a restful stay over! Diner and Breakfast were prize awarding and entertainment an experience we can´t wait to renew ! Thank you again to Andy and the staff who made sure all our needs wee met. We would recommend the Burlington to all our friends from Paris and Germany !

Room tip: Family rooms (ie 203) for space and comfort
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your review and mention about our restaurant team. I am glad to hear that nothing was much trouble and you had an enjoyable stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Best regards

Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Me and my husband booked a weekend away (we are Londoners) and got an unlucky stay at the Burlington Folkstone!! We were given a ground floor bedroom and the bed was a fold down bed out of a wall drawer!! you could hear the guy above us snoring and the room was old and not refurbished like the others. Awful and unrested, we asked to change rooms at 12am and the night porter (who was lovely and moved us no problems - he was excellent) moved us to a refurbished room which was 10 times better!! If you stay here make sure you ask for a refurbished room or you will get no sleep as you can hear people snore!!

Date of stay: October 2015
1  Thank Princesskate270

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your review and mention about our night receptionist.
The room you stayed in is to be refurbished in the near future and I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience. The hotel is currently undergoing refurbishment and most rooms have been renovated to high standards. There are still a few rooms awaiting to be refurbished and we try not to use them unless fully booked.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

I was thrilled to arrive yesterday and be told that I had been upgraded to a deluxe room! It was amazing, beautiful luxury king size four poster bed, huge waterfall shower and the decor was so tasteful. I have added some pictures of room 108. I paid £57 and it was well worth the money. Staff were really helpful and I would recommend this hotel to all my friends! Thank you Burlington for a lovely experience!

1  Thank littlemisslarry

Dear Guests,
Many thanks for your kind review and pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. I hope to see you again soon. Best regards

Reviewed 23 March 2016

One of the more uncomfortable beds I've slept in. The hotel is rather faded and a little shabby. The 'en-suite' had a poorly fitting, sliding door for access and the bath/shower arrangement was very basic. The food was lovely and restaurant staff were very friendly, although some communication difficulties as all were obviously French speakers.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra B
BURL-GM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Burlington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and mention about our restaurant team.
I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our superior rooms on your next visit (subject to availability - please contact me directly for booking: manager@theburlingtonhotel.com). Yours sincerely