“Great food great staff”

Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 28
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Gringos Has Been Serving Mexican Food For Almost 15 Years In The Town Centre Of Huddersfield, Over The Last 12 Months We Have Evolved Into The Mexican Smokehouse We Are Today. Buying Into One Of Americas Best Smokers The "fast Eddie" We Now Do A Full Range Of Slow Cooked Smoked Meats To Enjoy Along Side Our Beautiful Mexican Cuisine. Come And Enjoy With Freinds Or Family In Our Atmospheric & Vibrant Restaurant.be Warned, Come Hungry!!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Went to gringos with a few friends and my food was excellent. My experience at Gringos was made even better by Holly who was extremely attentive and had a brilliant personality. I can't wait for my next burrito.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Really tasty, great staff so polite. Milkshakes was so good & food was amazing we had hot dog chips, chicken chips & deserts, 5 star & value for money

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We come to gringos fairly regularly. Always a good reception. Attentive staff, good food at a good price. As a result booked tables for 35 for a birthday bash. Excellent evening had by all. Meal great value. Have even been here for works Christmas do! Cant fault it at all.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have been going to Gringos regularly for 8 years! Put simply, it is the best Mexican we have ever been to or found! We make a special trip from Preston every few months and can not recommend this restaurant enough. The food is authentic and of excellent quality and the portions are a very generous size. The service is always great, friendly and the servers are attentive. Our only fear is one day Gringos may not be around!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Booked the restaurant 1 month in advance for 6.30. Told on arrival we would be waiting 15 mins 6.50 can and we complained told now 7.00 and we could have free drinks 7pm came and went 3rd at least another 10.mins one upset birthday girl. Absolutely disgusting service we walked out and won't be going back

1  Thank kazbo24371
ian B, General Manager at Gringos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Hi we're sorry to hear you had a bad experience with us on that evening. I would like to reiterate once again that the table booked before you had overran and for unforeseen circumstances turned up later than expected, which in turn unfortunately had a knock on affect to the rest of the evening. Had i had somewhere else available for a table of your size i would have happily sat you there but unfortunately this wasn't the case. We as a goodwill gesture offered a free round of drinks on us and as i'm sure you can appreciate i couldn't ask the table to leave as i also wouldn't have asked you guys to leave early for the table booked in after you that would have also been sat late due to said knock on affect! This said I've checked over the CCTV footage to check times etc and can confirm you left the building at 18:55 before the stated time in the review. I'd also like to point out that your table was ready at the point of you leaving Gringos but as you wouldn't let me explain the situation any further and left then there was no more I could do. We tried our best to accommodate your table at the time you booked but unfortunately these things happen from time to time and they're out of our hands. I'm happy in the knowledge that we did what we could and made an acceptable offering to apologise for something we couldn't have helped. I understand your frustration and again i apologise for your inconvenience.