All reviews secure parking family run hotel homemade jams black out blinds town centre plates and cutlery take away breakfast was excellent excellent hotel home from home chain hotels yorkshire breakfast ring road main building room was spacious few minutes walk train station
Reviewed 5 April 2017

My husband and I spent 2 nights at this hotel for our anniversary staff were excellent, food was too, the room was pleasant, bed was very comfortable also everything you needed was there if it wasn't they would try to help. When we went for breakfast there was a good choice of fruit juice, cereal, fruit, and self service for your cooked very helpful both days.Would definitely recommend this hotel very friendly family run lodge best accommodation we have stayed in in Huddersfield

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Dear Pauline,

thank you so much for your kind words. All our team were delighted with your comments and we hope we can welcome you both in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

So it's number 1 for a reason

Came here for work and have to say was blown away by the levels of customer service and attention to detail the staff take.
It is a family run venue and as an older building has some quirks but that makes it interesting and personal as opposed to bland and corporate- as a venue they don't do evening meals but more than happy to support you if you get a takeaway delivered - that's a first for me
Came back and the owner greeted us personally and offered us all a drink on the house which was very generous

Given its location there may be some ambient noise from nearby but I slept ok, yes the beds are firm but not in a bad way

The breakfast was fine, attentive friendly staff
Yes I would come again/recommend

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank sdcsmith2000
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Hello sdcsmith2000,

It was a delight to read your review and I am pleased that you liked so many aspects of our hotel. It is always good to know we can compete with the national chains. My family and our team hope to welcome you again.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Just spent two nights at Central Lodge after having been here a year ago, and its still a little hidden gem in Beast Lane. Its very central and not far from rail station. Rooms are really comfortable with everything in them that you could possibly need, and the secure parking is great.The award winning breakfast lives up to its name with the best fried eggs that I have ever had. All staff are so nice and friendly especially Paula who checked us in. Must also mention Stephen who entertained us with tales of last of the summer wine. Certainly be back when next in Huddersfield.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Christine,

What a lovely review! It is always a pleasure to read that someone who has stayed before still enjoys visiting us again. Paula and Steve have asked me to say thank you for the mention and we all hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night on personal business. Very convenient location near railway station and central amenities. All staff were very cheerful, friendly and efficient. Very good breakfast, with low sugar cereal choices suitable for diabetics (unusual in my experience), so lots of credit for that. Good value; highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Hello David,

Many thanks for the review. Your kind words were appreciated and it was good to know that our breakfast choices were good for your dietary requirements. I do hope we can welcome you back.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

I'm finding the beds too hard and am lying awake writing review rather than sleeping. Moved to smaller bed as queen size not really adequate space for two big people. Then moved duvet from smaller bed to help larger bed be less back aching. I think this is very overpriced at £92 for a night. It has the impression of being a halfway house as there's fridge and microwave in the room. It's clean and clearly a lot of thought gone into making everything you might possibly want be available but I rather less clutter. The Decor is dated and furniture low budget. I didn't like the noise from around the building, walking upstairs, plumbing sounds through the night and rather big gap under the door. I was concerned I might make a noise myself and disturb people. Parking is plenty, free and secure. Location superb, I'm impressed by Huddersfield town, great bars and every pub served a great pint apart from Weatherspoons, who didn't do the Moorhouses justice. Easy to walk around and find your way. Breakfast was nice but invite at counter said we could sit anywhere in dining or conservatory, implying we had a choice, then got sat in dining room. Got a bit fussed over, more like b&b than hotel. Shower dribbled, was ok if I was 3feet tall, but not enough pressure to produce a shower at my 5feet 8'. It's ok but I think I'll stick to Hilton or Radisson next time, despite inner city parking issues as they're much better quality and include gym, pool sauna and steam room for a similar price, without these other disappointments. Would have no complaint whatsoever if this was £40, with perhaps extra for breakfast, £92 is way overpriced.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Joe M, Owner at Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Hello Elissa G,

What a shame! I am disappointed to read that you wrote a review from your room and didn't contact our reception/porter staff with the issues you mentioned. Perhaps we then could of had the opportunity to look into the points you mention including the shower or even moved you to another room.
The price. You were a last minute booking and received the last room available. You will find that the majority of hotels alter their prices according to demand. For example: a budget hotel, part of a national chain just outside town are advertising prices in early April from £63 to over £110, not including breakfast which is £9 per person extra.
Regarding facilities such as a gym, sauna, etc. these are not facilities you would normally find in a small independent family run hotel.
I am not quite sure what you mean by a 'halfway house'. I really have no idea what gave you this impression. Perhaps you don't encounter a fridge and microwave in many other hotels, however these are very popular with many of our guests.
I was pleased that you found our parking facilities, location and Huddersfield in general impressive.
Finally in regards to Wetherspoons and their beer choices, perhaps you would like to leave them a review.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your opinions.