Alexandra House Holistic Health & Wellbeing Spa
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
very relaxing treat

Maxine made us ( sister & myself ) very welcome. Soon as you go through the door it has a calming... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Joanne M
The spa with a heart does miracles too 💗

An impromptu visit to the spa today, feeling drained, tired and suffering with shoulder pain... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Linzi B
via mobile

All reviews thermal rooms pamper package foot soak cake indian head massage beautiful decor paraffin wax lovely relaxing place wax hand outside world slice of heaven pure bliss waiting room relaxation room lovely massage hot stone back massage fell asleep
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Wonderful place, can't wait to go back. So calming and comfortable environment. Lovely staff and Maxine is fabulous.

MaxineStead, Owner at Alexandra House Holistic Health & Wellbeing Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Paula

Thanks for posting a review on TripAdvisor and for your lovely comments. Glad that you enjoyed your visit to the spa.

I'll pass your comments to the team thanks.

See you next time, Maxine

Reviewed 7 March 2018

I finally redeemed my Christmas gift voucher today following me having to postpone last week due to "The beast from the East!".
I was greeted by a friendly lady on reception who explained the timings of my "Ultimate Pampering" package.
Alexandra House was warm, comfortable,stylish and immaculately clean. A peaceful haven away from it all with lovely treatments,friendly staff and such a treat.
I loved my whole experience and the hot parrafin wax hand treatment was wonderful.

MaxineStead, Owner at Alexandra House Holistic Health & Wellbeing Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Hi, thanks for posting a review of the spa. Glad that you enjoyed your pamper day with us so much.

I'll pass your comments to the staff too thanks.

Glad that we could fit you in after having to change because of the snow!

Hope to see you another time, Maxine

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a really relaxing day here on a spa day. 2 lovely treatments plus a paraffin hand wax and cake. Really nice, and I’m sure we’ll be going back. Gardens look nice so we might save it for a summers day.

MaxineStead, Owner at Alexandra House Holistic Health & Wellbeing Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Hi Jillian

Thanks for your review and kind comments - glad that you enjoyed your relaxing day and treatments with us.

The gardens are lovely on a sunny day - fingers crossed you can enjoy them next time!

See you soon, Maxine

Reviewed 3 February 2018

What a hidden gem of a place! Visited Alexandra House for the first time last week for a mother/daughter treat. From the moment we walked through the door we felt comfortable and cared for. Staff were all professional and friendly. The thermal rooms are so peaceful and relaxing and the treatments as good as I’ve had anywhere. Particularly recommend the hot stone massage. Plus a spa that includes tea and cake in the package.....what’s not to like! Looking forward to a return visit.

MaxineStead, Owner at Alexandra House Holistic Health & Wellbeing Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Hi Carol

Thanks for your review. Glad to hear that you and your daughter had a lovely day at the spa last week.

Glad that you felt so well cared for and that you loved the thermal rooms and treatments. Yes, the hot stone massage is wonderful isn't it?

I'll pass your comments to the staff too thank you.

See you next time, Maxine

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

I’ve been coming here for several years now and couldn’t imagine doing without my monthly full body massage with Sharon. What a beautiful, tranquil and relaxing house and garden with lovely, professional therapists who certainly know how to make you feel wonderfully rejuvenated.

I also visit with my sister or a friend a few times throughout the year to celebrate birthdays with one of the lovely packages on offer.

The thermal rooms are amazingly peaceful, warming and relaxing and I always have a wonderful nights sleep after visiting.

The fresh fruit smoothies and cakes and hot drinks offered with the pamper package are delicious and the relaxation rooms are comfortable and cosy. After each visit I can hardly wait for the next one.

Thank you so much Maxine for giving us this amazing spa xx

1  Thank AliPaliHuddersfield
MaxineStead, Owner at Alexandra House Holistic Health & Wellbeing Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Hi Ali - thank you so much for your kind review, it's so nice to hear that you appreciate what we offer at Alexandra House.

Yes, the thermal rooms are great at promoting a good night's sleep, glad that you enjoy this benefit.

It's always lovely to see you at the spa too - it wouldn't be the same without lovely customers like yourself.

Thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing you next month!

Maxine