All reviewscosta coffeetown centretravel lodgerose pubyorkshire rosecar parkplenty of free parkingpub next doorroom was cleanvending machinetwo nightsbooked roomsfootball groundhotel roomshort stayfamily roomexcellent stay
Reviewed 22 August 2017

The hotel itself is reasonably new, clean and staffed by competent, professional staff. However the car park appears to be a meeting ground for boy racers and late at night the mood becomes more sinister and we experienced lots of noise (revving engines and loud talking) externally and also internally heard lots of doors banging and loud talking. Spoiled the experience. Had it been a Premier Inn I would have requested a refund under their good night sleep guarantee.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Remy from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Huddersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review.

We’re sorry to hear that your experience with us was affected by noise. We strive to provide a comfortable night’s sleep for all of our customers, and we are sorry that on this occasion we did not meet our standard level of service.

We hope that there will be another occasion to welcome you as our guest and restore your views on Travelodge.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

A good budget hotel with free car parking. Small rooms with not much storage and bed not as comfortable as all the hype suggests. Most annoying is that we paid extra for wifi only then to find you are only allowed to use it on two devices - so for a couple who have a phone and a tablet each not good enough!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Remy from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Huddersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you for submitting your review.

We're sorry to learn of your disappointment with our WiFi extra, however we can kindly confirm this information is displayed when booking. However, we're pleased your overall time with us was positive.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you back to Travelodge again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed for beer festival and weekend with friends. Nicer than your average Travelodge but probably best for location. Huddersfield centre is a 10 to 15 min walk away (go via the canal for an insight into industrial heritage) giving you access to many places to eat and drink. Didn't try the pub on site but if you are a real ale fan the slubbers arms is not far and is a great traditional pub. Hotel room clean comfy and quiet as well as good value.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2017

An absolutely first rate hotel again -- That is Huddersfield Travelodge . Meet by a nice Welcome smile very chatty receptionist who was delighted to be serving the public and was full of enthusiasm . I think his name was Mitchell however my memory is lacking in ego today for naming names. Well im getting on a bit now !!! The room as always was very clean no complaints there The public corridors were very presentable and the car park was nice and large and free !! Costa Coffee eatery in the car park for morning breakfast if you are hungry Gemma On reception in the morning on my day of departure was full of zest very chirpy and well spoken . It was great to be wished a great day also and with such a Big Smile . Well Done Travelodge Huddersfield

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I booked into here because I had a very early start the next day for my Daughters graduation ceremony from University. I've been to the city a lot over the last couple of years, visiting my daughter, shopping and moving her in and out of student accommodation. I needed to be at the University at 8:30 am so a good night at the lodge and an early start with the bonus of free parking made my stay and day more enjoyable. Staff were lovely and warm. A bit of noise outside and some noisy guest on my floor until they disappeared into their room but other than that just a nice pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge