Pinfold Guest House(Huddersfield)(Great Value!)
US$ 83
US$ 88
US$ 70
Priceline
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 87/night.

US$ 102
Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel(Huddersfield)(Great Value!)
US$ 65
PremierInn.com
US$ 88
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Huddersfield(Huddersfield)(Great Value!)
US$ 51
Travelodge
All reviewsold millserviced suitessmall kitchenettetoaster and kettleminute drivefirst floorfamily partyper nighta lovely staytown centrebistrogymbathploverhobaccommodationloft
Reviewed 21 October 2016

With no reception on the weekend and a breakdown in communication access was hard. Property maintenance and cleaning were not the standards that were anticipated. Parking is very haphazard. Room layouts need to be improved.

Room Tip: If booking a suite ensure it stands alone to avoid hearing the neighbours door banging closed.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2016

Unusual location with easy access to all main roads. Good room and en suite shower room.
As its an apartment it's not unreasonable for my son to join us for coffee who is staying in digs near the university. However, the apartment only had two mugs, two plates. A few more items for guests who have been useful and a second set of keys.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

in converted mull complex with extensive menu. Food is beautifully presented and all tastes catered for. Main meals are generous, and the sweet potato fries are just fantastic. The burgers are stacked in a tower so build up an appetite. The spinach and halloumi Wellington was enourmous and would have served two people! The prices are not cheap,but the quality is there.Great for a special meal out.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2016

I found these apartments for my parents a couple of years ago as they were local for staying near Huddersfield whilst visiting family and convenient for getting about.

They have stayed 3 times since and I was really looking forward to finally staying here myself with my son (age 8) and my mum and dad for a week of visiting family.

What a disaster.

We booked about 2 months in advance. We thought we'd have to have 2 apartments to accommodate the 4 of us. The day before our visit they contacted us and advised that they had a two bed apartment available which might suit us better. We expected the same quality as my parents had previously experienced.

We arrived after hours and so the keys were in a lock box. There were 'directions' to our loft apartment. When we followed the directions it turned out the apartment was on the other side from where my parents usually stayed. And it was up 4 flights of concrete (uncarpeted, slippery) stairs........ The other apartments have lift access.

My mum and dad are both over 80 and last time they stayed (Sept 2015) was just before my dad had a full knee-replacement operation which he is now recuperating from. My dad is on first name terms with the staff and always goes into the office. The last twice he visited he was using a walking stick as he couldn't walk too far very steadily. My mum meanwhile is pretty frail and has had a number of strokes. Climbing concrete stairs for them was like completing an obstacle course.

If the office had been open I'd have gone and said something straight away, but it wasn't. So I carried a car full of cases up all the stairs, went and found the car parking space (eventually... it was quite secluded and I didn't really feel either the car or I were safe when I was parking it).

The apartment really needed work. The radiators were hanging off the walls, the bathroom fan had been switched off, there weren't enough glasses for 4 people. There was none of the luxury you see in the advertising pictures on their website. The bathroom was very small with a normal bath with shower over. Nowhere to hang towels for 4 people...(not even any hooks on the doors in bathroom or in bedrooms). Not enough room for 2 ladies toiletries.... When they serviced it whilst we were out on the Friday (we arrived on a weds) they took away the towels but didn't leave any new ones - and the office was closed all weekend, so no towels till Monday......

The stairs situation meant that none of our elderly relatives could come visit us and also meant that we had to plan our days so that my parents were climbing the stairs as few times as possible. Truly ridiculous.

In short - nothing like what we were expecting and certainly not worth the £800 (!!!) paid.

Room Tip: Don't get loft 22! or Loft 19 or 20 if you want lift access.....
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
HeritageYorkshire, Manager at Heritage Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Hi Wickfordmum,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take all feedback very seriously and are constantly aiming to improve our service and make sure guest happiness is at a maximum.

I'm very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us. Your parents are regular guests of ours, and we have built a good relationship up with them over the years, so I am sorry to hear that you do not feel the same.

We rang your parents before their visit to explain that they had two options of accommodation when staying with us - either 2 inter locking studios to accommodate 4 people which lacked a living area and a bath, or our fully furnished 2 bedroom apartment with full kitchen, washing machine, dish washer etc, bathroom with bath and spacious living area.
Your parents decided that the 2nd option was best, as it would be nice to benefit from the living area when they had friends and family visiting over the course of the stay. We explicitly advised your parents that there was no lift access to this apartment and that there would be a significant amount of steps to climb. I even asked my colleague to ring them back and double check as I am aware that they are elderly and may struggle. After checking twice, your parents were still sure that they would prefer to stay in the 2 bedroom apartment and the steps would not hinder them in any way. We think about guest comfort and safety first and foremost and would never in any way think to hide the fact that an apartment was stair access only - it states that on our website and on all of our booking engines.

There is a number to ring if there are any issues, so despite the fact that reception wasn't open (8am-5pm Monday-Friday), there is a number given to you on the back of your key ring, in your booking confirmation email, on the back of your door and also in your welcome envelope. We have a member of staff working on site until midnight every night that could have assisted, and also a member of staff on call who lives on site.

I can assure you that parking your car in our private car park is safe and secure. We have CCTV in case it is ever needed, and full time residents on site that park their cars in the same car park and never have any issues. I am sorry that you felt unsafe, but as Lindley is a nice area, and the land is private we rarely have any issues. As I said before, we also have a member of staff on site until midnight who will walk around the property and do checks.

Please accept my apologies for the lack of wine glasses when you arrived, but I'm sure you will agree that this problem was rectified almost instantly as soon as we were told. I am disappointed that although you came into reception to let us know about the wine glasses, and ask for a second key (which was given to you for no extra charge), you never mentioned any of the problems that you have chosen to write in your review after your stay. If you had expressed your concerns earlier in your stay, we would have done all we could to move you to another apartment to allow you to feel more comfortable but unfortunately you didn't allow us the chance. If we are unaware of a problem, we cannot fix it and as your parents even popped in to see us and bought us a small gift to say thank you for everything - we would have assumed that they were happy the service.

We are a small independent business, and we strive to make sure that our guests are happy and our rooms are kept in the best condition. As a team, we are hurt that it has been suggested that we may not have considered the age and health of your parents, as we have a great relationship with them, and we would always make sure that our guests were comfortable with the room that they have been allocated. As I said earlier - we gave them a choice and they were more than happy with the apartment lay out.

I have since spoken to your parents, as they rang to book again for the Summer, and after asking them about any concerns they may have had, they reiterated that they were extremely happy with Heritage and continue to find no fault in it.

Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

My husband arranged for us to stay here with a group of friends for my 30th birthday.

Being rubbish at organising, he contacted heritage and asked if he could arrange anything special in the area? They helped him book spa treatments at the onsite spa (which were brilliant) and a meal at the on-site bistro (which was amazing; really tasty, excellent cocktails and great service).

We had the York suit, which was beautiful. There was a giant shower and freestanding bath, which were really luxurious. Wonderful little touches like chocolates on the bed and biscuits to go with the tea and coffee made it extra special.

The room was warm and the bed was so comfy. I would recommend this place to anyone and will certainly be staying there again.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
HeritageYorkshire, Guest Relations Manager at Heritage Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Hi Laurajb86,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we love to hear feedback of any kind, and it's even better when our guests share their positive experiences with us!
We love organising special weekends and occasions, and it's really easy to impress when we have such amazing facilities on site such as the spa and the bistro.
Other than the York Suite, there are 5 more suites to choose from, and they're all unique... so we'd love to see you again in the future!

Kindest Regards,