All reviewsold millserviced suitestoaster and kettlesmall kitchenetteminute drivefirst floorfamily partyper nighta lovely staytown centrebistrogymbathploverbedroomhobaccommodation
Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

My husband arranged for us to stay here with a group of friends for my 30th birthday.

Being rubbish at organising, he contacted heritage and asked if he could arrange anything special in the area? They helped him book spa treatments at the onsite spa (which were brilliant) and a meal at the on-site bistro (which was amazing; really tasty, excellent cocktails and great service).

We had the York suit, which was beautiful. There was a giant shower and freestanding bath, which were really luxurious. Wonderful little touches like chocolates on the bed and biscuits to go with the tea and coffee made it extra special.

The room was warm and the bed was so comfy. I would recommend this place to anyone and will certainly be staying there again.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
HeritageYorkshire, Guest Relations Manager at Heritage Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Hi Laurajb86,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we love to hear feedback of any kind, and it's even better when our guests share their positive experiences with us!
We love organising special weekends and occasions, and it's really easy to impress when we have such amazing facilities on site such as the spa and the bistro.
Other than the York Suite, there are 5 more suites to choose from, and they're all unique... so we'd love to see you again in the future!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 14 March 2016

This trip was for our wedding anniversary and the first holiday of the year for us. It was a bit disappointing. Firstly the booking in was confusing and the pin code didn't work so we had to ring the emergency number. The member of staff was very helpful and we were able to get our key. However we had to ring again because we couldn't get the lift to work and I am not good with lifts, again the member of staff was very helpful and gave me a fob to use the stairs.

The Plover suite was lovely with fantastic views, it was spacious, the kitchenette was well stocked and the bedroom was spacious. The bathroom was bigger than we expected, however there was a big issue with it. It had a really bad smell of poo. The smell was worst in the mornings and was so overpowering that it made us feel sick, we then thought we could smell it in the bedroom as well, in fact the smell seemed to permeate the entire flat We decided to leave early as the smell was just too bad.

Considering we were so far away from the town, parking was hit and miss.

I really think you need to sort out the drainage to Plover suite immediately as it is likely to be a health and safety risk.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Hi Jane P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. All feedback is important and we take it very seriously. Customer satisfaction is our number one concern, and we are always working to ensure we are giving the best service we can give.

I'm sorry to hear that you found the self check in service confusing - we send out confirmation emails with the instructions upon booking, and a reminder text on the day of the arrival. With it being serviced apartments, rather than a hotel, we don't have a fully manned front desk after 5pm on an evening but we always have a member of staff on site, as well as a night porter. We find that a self check in system is the best method, as guests have the freedom to check in at any time. The pin code that was provided to you was the correct one, and I'm glad out member of staff on call was able to quickly assist you.

As Heritage is a multi-use building, the lift has a unique code for each floor for your own peace of mind. Again, the code is given to you in the booking confirmation and the text as a reminder. If you aren't comfortable with using lifts; the stairs are always an option.

Parking around the complex is free, and you are able to park anywhere in the main courtyard, on the two roads surrounding or in the overflow car park on Plover Road. I'm sorry you struggled to find a space.

Thank you for bringing my attention to the smell in the Plover bathroom - now we are aware of it we are able to find out what the issue is and find a solution to the problem. It's a shame that you didn't tell us whilst you were staying as we would have moved you to another room straight away and hopefully you would have been able to write a more positive review, but unfortunately we were unaware of the problem until after you checked out and nothing was mentioned to the team. There is also an on call number (written in your welcome envelope, in the email, the text & on the back of your key) you could have rang at any time to notify us of the problem.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

Heritage Lofts is in an old mill, a mile or so from the M62 junction and just off the main road into Huddersfield which is about a 10-15 minute drive to the centre.

I booked a studio apartment which was at the top of the mill and had exposed beams supported by steel RSJs, both horizontally and vertically like pit props! it had a double bed, small kitchenette and good sized bathroom. The bedroom area was around 13ft square, simply furnished with one bedside table, a wardrobe and dresser unit which had a small TV on. The room was pleasantly, but plainly decorated in lilac with co-ordinating bed linen. The kitchenette had a fridge, microwave, toaster and kettle and crockery/cutlery for two people. Complimentary Fair Trade tea and coffee sachets which was a nice touch. The bathroom was a good size, quite modernly decorated in beige. Overall a simple but pleasant studio.

A few little niggles, mainly the bathroom could do with a bit of attention. The fan didn't work so it got pretty steamy in there and the basin tap wasn't attached to anything except the water pipe so it was stupidly mobile and a bit scary to use as I kept thinking it was going to snap off! It was also pretty black at the bottom. And the back shelf badly needed painting. Only two coat hangers which was a pain and the rooms are only serviced every 3 days to be prepared to make your own bed!

Oh, and it gets pretty windy as the hotel is geographically quite high...and it's a tall mill too - it was a wild couple of nights and the noise really rattled the roof which made sleeping a tad difficult. It does have a view but it's not a spectacular one.

Value for money? I'd say so really - my apartment was £50 per night which I didn't think was bad and if you want the freedom of self-catering, then it's perfect. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank DaneQueen

Hi DaneQueen,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Heritage. We love to hear feedback - especially when there are areas that we can improve upon.

Since reading your review, I'm pleased to say that we have worked hard on improving the decor in the studios and suites. Studio 3 bathroom has now been re-painted, as well as the bedroom and we have added new soft furnishings to the room. We have also addressed the problem with the extractor fan and it is now working properly.
We have also added extra coat hangers to each room so rather than 2, there are now 8 in each room.

I really appreciate the positive things you've said about Heritage, as we have tried to sympathetically restore a beautiful old mill building, whilst keeping some of the original features.

We hope you would choose to stay again, and hopefully you will notice some improvements too.

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed for 4 months because was on business trip. There were many annoyances. The seals on the windows in my flat were leaky, and when it rained (which it does a lot in Huddersfield) the water literally came pouring into the room. I complained, and their solution was a dirty towel to mop up the water. For 4 months. The cleaners were lackadaisical, and I felt they tried to do the minimum possible. The bathroom plugs smelt occasionally. I was there four months and they didn't offer the smallest hint of a discount, but the service I received was very much discounted. Met a couple in the lobby who were there for the weekend who also said their experience wasn't great. The bathroom in the Scarborough suite is also not suitable for anyone over 5ft 10inches.

The suites are really very nicely and tastefully decorated, and for short stays the little annoyances might not be so bothersome, but I would not recommend for longer stays.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo

Hi thisisLara,

Thank you for giving feedback on your long term stay with us at Heritage.

I am really sorry to hear about the problems with the windows in the Scarborough Suite. Unfortunately, as we are a very old converted mill building; sometimes the weather gets the better of it. It is very tricky to fix pointing and window seals on the outside of the building whilst the weather is still bad and the brick etc is still wet, so we usually do have to wait for better weather. I can assure you that we take these problems very seriously and we have worked hard to ensure that this leak does not reoccur. The towels were a short term option to stop water from getting on to any of your personal belongings and causing more damage - we would always replace the towels every service so they were fresh.

The Scarborough Suite has since been refurbished and is now known as the Castle Hill Suite, so I would hope that any problems you encountered have now been rectified.

The front desk and management team is on site from 8am to 5pm every Monday-Friday, and we have a night porter every night until midnight. In addition to this, we have a member of staff always on site and on call. There is a reception number, and a mobile number to ring at any time if you have any issues at all and we are always willing to help.

I'm sorry you felt that the cleaners were not doing their job properly - we do usually carry out a 15 minute service on every 3rd day to change the bedding and linen, and carry out a general clean. If you felt this was unsatisfactory, you could have spoken to any team member and asked for a deep clean which we would have been happy to arrange for you.

Reviewed 29 January 2016

1st off this is a positive review as the apartment ticked all the boxes. But I stay in a lot of these places and they all seem to make similar mistakes. 1st off I was in the York suite and it really was awesome. Lovely large open sitting room with kitchen,the sofa was big enough for 6/7 people to sit or 3 to lay out on. The bedroom was massive with a brilliant king sized bed. The bathroom was fantastic also, huge free standing bath and massive shower (this was broken but the owner called to tell me and took £100 off the bill so cannot complain at all). The place was very very clean and looked the part. BUT this is where these places go wrong, so after making a fantastic effort and investment on the apartment, they fill it with cheap electronics. The toaster looked like a tesco value toaster and a standard slice of Hovis didn't fully fit. The microwave again was small and cheap looking and underpowered. But the TV was the worst part as it had a remote that was snapped in half and not the easiest to use as a result. Again I stress that my stay was fantastic and would recommend in a heartbeat but it does frustrate me that the little things are missed. But otherwise a fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
HeritageYorkshire, Guest Relations Manager at Heritage Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Hi Daniel E,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, but sorry to hear about the factors that let it down.

We have now replaced the TV remote, and will be replacing the microwave and toaster as soon as. Although I wouldn't say we ever order cheap electronics, I realise that it is essential to replace these kinds of items quite regularly as they get used a lot.

We hope to see you again in the near future,

Krystina