“Good hotel but far from town center” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Luton Hotel Residence
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Luton
Chennai
“Good hotel but far from town center”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2009

They give very good deal but the hotel is not close to the town center. The rooms have attached bathroom and kitchen too...Well done Luton Residence...I think the location is important for me since it becomes quiet in the evening near this hotel so unsafe.

• Liked — Price and kitchen in the rooms
  • Disliked — Location and no pool
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank blessed271187
nicky020, Night Porter at Luton Hotel Residence, responded to this review, 14 February 2011
Thank you for your kind comments, many guests appreciate the kitchenette area we provide in every room which includes a fridge, microwave, hotplates, toaster, kettle, etc...

We are 483 metres from the nearest entrance to the town centre's shopping mall. A few minutes walk.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2008

I needed something cheap and close to the aiport but i never imagined it would be as bad as this hotel. I've stayed in other hotels in Luton before but this has got to be the worse. When I was checking in there seemed to have been a problem with the booking and rather than explain what was going on the staff were just rude and unhelpful, demanding a credit card even though I explained I'd already paid online. When I eventually was able to get a room, it was dull and dreary looking, the taps were covered in limescale and the shower looked like it hadnt been cleaned in a while. The toilet seat looked a bit grimy and there was no loo roll. I had to ask reception 3 times before i was given any!

The bed was really uncomfortable and I am sure there were bed bugs as I was itching all night and was sore in the morning. Breakfast was meant to be included but all I got was a measly croissant in my room and cold tea. Worst of all there was no parking so I had to park on the street and my car got broken into. When I tried to explain to the manager i just got told its not the hotel's problem and was left to deal with it. They were very unhelpful and there is no way i'd ever recommend this place to anyone.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything but especially the room and lack of parking.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank SDANCE
No staff remain from 2008, the date of this review, and all our current reception staff and night porters are very friendly, polite and helpful. If paying by payment card the card will always have to be presented at check-in even if it is only to check the details, this is great security feature which we are happy to provide for everyone's security and helps reduce card fraud a great deal.

Staff are available twenty-four hours a day to assist with guest's needs.

Our rooms are clean and we have a pretty much constant rolling system of refurbishment and redecoration of the rooms.

We do not offer any meal services but provide a kitchenette area in every room for self catering. We still to this day provide the mentioned daily croissant along with tea and coffee in each room for each guest.

The hotel itself has no parking. There is a secure multi-storey car park directly behind us and guests do sometimes park on the near-by streets with all the inherent risks of parking on a public town centre street.
Tullamore, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2008

All I can tell you of the Luton Hotel Residence is what it looks like from the street outside--that was as close to my (regrettably, prepaid) room as I ever got. My flight to Luton Airport was delayed, with the result that I reached the hotel at 11:30 p.m. The place was locked up like Fort Knox; ringing its telephone number yielded no response. After cooling my heels for half an hour on the doorstep in the hope that a guest or staff-member might return, I gave up and left.

I don't much enjoy paying for a room and not being able to gain access to it. Consequently, there are two chances that I will use the Luton Hotel Residence in the future: slim and fat.

• Stayed December 2007
2 Thank Businesstraveller5
nicky020, Night Porter at Luton Hotel Residence, responded to this review, 10 February 2011
Despite indications, as per this review, of past problems I would like to reassure potential guests that this hotel is now staffed twenty-four hours a day, three hundred and sixty-five days a year.

We are capable of providing for late arrivals and/or early departures without prior notice and a member of staff is always available.
Aussie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2007

Very clean, had everything we wanted, great for short stays, very friendly staff, great pub and chinese take away next door, less that 10 minutes from airport or five from station. Excellent value
I would recommend this to anyone.

Stayed September 2007