All reviews luton airport wet room an early flight small gym min walk one night stay booked this hotel double bed would stay again car parking budget hotel tea and coffee taxi runway pounds stopover
Reviewed 8 October 2018

First time stay at this hotel, well located and quiet despite being next door to the airport.

My gripe was with the restaraunt. Sat down and was ignored until I asked for a menu after a 10 minute wait. It was not busy so that was not a reason.

The order of garlic mushrooms on a toasted but unidentified bread was certainly poor value. Hardly any mushrooms to even cover one slice of bread ler alone two. The profit margin on this dish must be phenominal.

The steak was OK but gristly, certainly did not seem to be rib eye.

I said I'd bill to my room, this was declined as they said I had not authorised it, despite me saying on checking in I would eat in the hotel that night. Eventually sorted out.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Baggywrinkle75,

Thank you for staying with us. While I am glad to know that you appreciated our property overall, I was also quite concerned that you did not have a great experience at the restaurant. I understand this must be disappointing for you and I am so sorry. This should not have been the case and I will share your comments with our management team for necessary improvements.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Mike F.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Rock hard mattress. Poor quality bedding. Duvet seen better days and appears to have a plastic coating which makes for an unpleasant hospital like feel. Not impressed. Won't be staying ago. Room are generally of good quality but this is no good with a bed as poor as this.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Catherine M,

Thank you for the honest feedback. I was quite concerned to see that you had some problems with our bed and duvet. This is definitely not what we want for our guests and I am so sorry for the inconvenience. I'll share your review with our maintenance team for necessary actions needed. I would also like to follow up on this situation that is why I have sent you a private message to obtain more information. I hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Despite the inconvenience, we hope to see you again in the future.

Mike F.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

...or in my case 1/2 a night as I had a ridiculously early morning flight. The room was functionality itself, didn’t look anything like the photos in a review just below this !! Had really good blackout curtains and double glazing, the bed was comfortable and even though I could hear planes rumbling down the runway I managed a decent 1/2 night’s sleep.
It’s a 10-12 minute walk to the terminal. For anything more than one night it would be stretching it. If you can book in advance pricewise it’s acceptable for what it is, but do not think about turning up and staying as then it’s ridiculous (£225). As for food and other facilities you will need to look at other reviews.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank watchdog2757
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Hi, watchdog2757!

Among the many options you have for lodging in the area, I appreciate that you chose to stay with us!

I am glad that you find the bed comfortable. It is also nice that you considered the blackout curtains to be of good quality. But, I am sorry that the soundproofing of the room was lacking. It is also disappointing to know that you did not find enough value in our pricing. I have done the needed steps to relay your feedback to the management of our hotel in order to improve the necessary parts of our services.

As we strive to become better, we would love to host you better on your next stop in the area.

Many thanks,

Anne A

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Stopped at this hotel before flying from Luton the day after. Decent location as it's fairly close to the airport. We were told there is no actual shuttle bus but you could take the public bus but as this was a 13 minute wait we decided to walk, which only took us just over 10 minutes.
Had a meal and a drink in the restaurant, the meal was very nice and reasonably priced, the drinks were a little expensive but I suppose you accept this at an airport hotel.
The room itself was comfortable and the bathroom was very nice.
Would stay again if flying from Luton airport.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We didn't stay here but if the food is anything to go by, I would certainly consider in future. We chances upon the Holiday inn while staying in a neighbouring budget hotel. We were very impressed with the food.. There were 4 of us, 2 ordered just starter of garlic mushrooms, which were freshly cooked Mushrooms on crusty bread and very tasty. The other 2 shared a 4 cheese pizza which was doughy but very tasty. Very impressed with the food.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family