All reviews the holiday inn leisure facilities airport parking business hotel steam room junction motorway venue pounds
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here before our holiday as our flight was at 7.30am. Hotel was easy to find. Staff friendly and helpful. Food in restaurant we found was very overpriced for what it was. Had a few drinks and there is a starbucks inside too. Rooms were basic, but nice. Bathroom small. We did book a double, but ended up with a twin room, but staff said unable to do anything about this which didn’t bother us. We had a taxi booked in with our price so was nice and easy to get to hotel. Lady behind desk gave us a number for taxi when we land which is helpful.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
ChrisB13709, General Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear C_mcdade18

Thank you for your positive review following you recent stay.
I am pleased to see that the team looked after you during your stay and it was a great start to your journey from Luton Airport.
I am sorry for the confusion with your room, I will ensure I look into what caused this.
I hope you will return the next time you fly from Luton.

General manager

Reviewed 30 September 2018

In the middle of no-where opposite a sewage farm.Surrounded by trees and green and a busy road and car park.Easily accessible from St.Albans/Luton.Nice and bright in reception and downstairs bar/breakfast section.Chairs rather grim and shabby.Rooms ok and we slept well.Lovely towels.Partner forgot razor so popped down to reception and given cute disposable razor/shaving foam set.They also supply sewing kits etc on request.Staff friendly and helpful.Overall building,fixtures and fittings shabby around the edges.Impersonnel but served purpose.

Room Tip: Only went in 2 rooms.Both the same.Bland and brown.Comfy bed.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
ChrisB13709, General Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Giddiecat

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel.
I am pleased to read your positive comments regarding your experience, I can assure you we will be working on the over all building look and design over the coming months with an extensive investment plan.

I look forward to your next visit when I am sure we can move your score to a 5/5.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

I hadn't read the reviews until the day before our stay. I was very worried, thinking it was going to be filthy. We were prepared to ask for our money back. We were pleasently surprised. The room was clean! Nothing special but OK. Reception and bar staff were very nice. Walls are very thin and we could clearly hear ' adult noises' from next door. Luckily they didn't last long. We had a wake up call early the next morning and a taxi to take us to the airport. All very convenient. Good value with a week's parking and no waiting for shuttle buses.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

On a mission near the hotel, the company booked me into the hotel. Surprise Surprise, the rusty outside charme has seen a make over but the staff is just ace.
Rooms are “spacey” if you know budget hotels in central london...

Bed report: hard and soft cushions!!! A dream comes true! But the mattress is far to soft...i will just make it over 3 nights...

Bath report: functional, the bath door fell into my back 6 times when brushing teeth...luxury problems! Water pressure is good, temperature as well!

Restaurant is good and the breakfast is really good foe this category. Surprised again!

The star of this booking goes to all staff, knowledgable, friendly and solution-orientated to say at least!

Not enough sockets near the bed, medium loud street location with a single glaze window. Well, that has not really bothered me...there is one thing that kept me way from sleep in the first night: i very bright and shiny tv channel and time display - no way to switch that off, only pulling the plug helped!

Dont expect a design hotel, it is dated or as others say: well aged!’

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
ChrisB13709, General Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear Bestkeepedsecret

Thank you for your positive review following your recent stay.

It is always a pleasure to read such great feedback on how the team and I are performing to provide excellent experiences for our guests.
I will ensure I pass on your feedback to all team members so they can see the impact all their hard work is having on our customers.

We are also in the final stages of our refurbishment plans which will ensure all of the hotel is modernised to complement the team and the service.

We look forward to your next visit and another great stay.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is easy to find off junction 9 on the M1 and has plenty of car parking spaces.
We stayed at it either end of a trip from Luton airport and left the car parked for the week at a reasonable price. The taxi fare to Luton airport was about £20.
The room price was quite reasonable and although the rooms were clean they would benefit from some level of refurbishment.
We arrived in time for lunch in the bar of the hotel which was surprisingly good for a chain hotel.
The staff were pleasant and helpful.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
ChrisB13709, General Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear LauraDaveJames

Thank you for your positive review following your recent stays at the Holiday Inn Luton South.
We are currently in the final phase of our hotel investment plan which will modernise all areas of the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back next year so you can witness all the positive changes for yourself and then we can move your score to a 5/5.