“Nothing to much trouble”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kildare Lodge

Kildare Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Minehead
Kildare Lodge
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Minehead
“Nothing to much trouble”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

Excellent service in clean comfortable surroundings. Breakfast was lovely - our bed was quality. We were lucky to have a bath and walk in shower with our room so will be returning

• Stayed June 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Rotherham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

Our extended family met up for my mothers 85th birthday, we all had rooms at the Kildare, they were clean and comfortable, if a little out-dated, the beds we all agreed, were the best and the breakfasts were lovely, we also had a big family dinner on the Saturday night where the service was excellent and we were made to feel welcome, no mean feat with fourteen of us getting maybe a bit loud but they were very amenable and gracious about our short-comings. Our entire stay was so relaxed and easy, from the booking of the rooms to paying the final bill, which was more than reasonable. Would definitely recommend to anybody.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel, it really is home from home, the proprietors are very welcoming, and the hotel itself is beautiful and well maintained, the service is excellent as is the food. Have stayed here several times over the past year and would feel dissapointed if I had to stay elsewhere, just a lovely place run by very nice people.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Hebden Bridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2011

I have stayed in quite a few B & Bs in Minehead and they all seem to come out of the same Mould. I have stayed in the Kildare twice. Kildare is unique, it is a beautiful well preserved arts and crafts building, the people who run it are very welcoming and the breakfasts are fine. It is alo a lot cheaper than many I have stayed in.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank richardpeters_hb
France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2010

I have found the response to my several enquiries (over two months) absolutely appalling. I contacted the Kildare Lodge twice via email in July and August 2010, for a proposed booking to take place in October 2010. Neither email was answered. I then telephoned the establishment, and got a short, abrupt reply, which did not answer my requests. However, I persevered, and emailed again twice during very early October - this was to be a booking for a very important sentimental trip for my husband and I on our Wedding Anniversary on October 22nd. I requested further details of perhaps a sample Menu for the Anniversary Dinner. Again, I had no reply at all to either email. I again telephoned, and was told "Oh, I've been too busy to look at emails - I'll do it tonight".
I then received a brief and almost rude email saying, "Well, we are full anyway, so you can't come".
I am absolutely appalled at this - and the Kildare Lodge would now be the very last place I would want to book.
We are going to France for the Anniversary Weekend instead, where we know we will be treated with respect and courtesy.

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank StTropezLover
kildarelodge, Owner at Kildare Lodge, responded to this review, 18 October 2010
I am both dismayed and surprised at the attitude you have taken to my e.mail which informed you that we were fully booked at the time you wanted to stay. I can only put this down to dissappointment on your part as I certainly did not tell you "we're full anyway so you can't come". I hope your French experience will be an enjoyable one and you have a Happy Anniversary.
Regards
Sarah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minehead
0.7 km away
0.5 km away
Waverley Bed & Breakfast
Waverley Bed & Breakfast
#15 of 38 in Minehead

Been to Kildare Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK