All reviews homemade bread highly recommend this to anyone south west coast path full english breakfast perfect hosts perfect place to stay b bs stayed here for nights a wonderful stay excellent location one night good size comfortable bed warm welcome monroe andrew exmoor
Reviewed 5 June 2018

We have stayed in many B&Bs over the years and this is the best yet. We had a front facing room which was just right for us. The whole place is spotlessly clean, the owners are very friendly and the breakfast was superb. We can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard B
Andrew M, Owner at Montrose Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review - this sort of feedback makes it all the more worthwhile for us. We'd love to see you again at some point in the - hopefully near - future.
Regards,
Andy

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Montrose Guest House is perfect in every way. Welcoming owners, friendly, helpful but never intrusive. Twin bedded room on front of house was spotlessly clean, light, bright and spacious with tasteful decor. More than adequate cupboard storage with plentiful supply of hangers in wardrobe. Beds extremely comfortable. Even the pillows passed my test! Extensive refreshments tray including several types of hot beverages and biscuits with the offer of fresh milk which was greatly appreciated. Our full English Breakfast was excellent. Everything cooked to perfection and just as we requested. Served quickly, piping hot and beautifully presented. The delicious bread served as toast was home made by the owner as were the selection of jams & marmalades.
Montrose is ideally situated in a tree lined avenue, very quiet at night yet only 3-5 mins (approx) walk to the town centre and beach. Parking was never a problem with spaces directly in front of Montrose or plenty of street parking. I highly recommend Andy & Helen at the Montrose and look forward to returning in the Autumn.

Room Tip: Spacious with large windows and plenty of light
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Andrew M, Owner at Montrose Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

What a fantastic review! Thank you so much. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I needed a place to stay during the recent bad weather, couldn't have wished for anywhere better. Warm and comfortable with welcoming and attentive hosts but never intrusive. Room was great, very comfortable bed, excellent wifi and lovely extra touches like biscuits and fresh milk. Location was ideal for the town center and beach. Really enjoyed my stay - thank you.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Andrew M, Owner at Montrose Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thanks for the fantastic review - I hope we see you again.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Absolutely excellent in every way, the Montrose is run by Helen and Andy who are perfect hosts, and just lovely people. The breakfast was exactly as asked for, gluten-free bread provided with no fuss, nothing is too much trouble for them. My room was spotless and had everything in it that was needed, including a cooler-type of fridge just for drinks, so I could keep soya milk in my room for my tea. The decor was tasteful, the bed linen perfect white cotton, and there was nothing that could have been bettered. In terms of location, it's just off the central shopping street of the town, and not far from the beach, but in a very peaceful road. I slept very well. I was staying three nights to see family and I shall return to the Montrose on the next occasion, now I've found the perfect place to stay in Minehead.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ClaireViaCornwallUK

What a wonderful review - thank you so much. I really hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

First impressions mean everything to me and this B&B wont be bettered.Shown up to Room 5 for a 1 night stay as i was attending a show at the Theatre.Shocked to be offered fresh milk for what was a really well stocked tray.Bed and room was superb with a lovely shower.Owners so nice and friendly and a first rate breakfast the next morning.Spotless doesnt begin to describe this bed and breakfast establishment.Would highly recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul H
Andrew M, Owner at Montrose Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Thanks for the fantastic review - hopefully we'll see you again soon!