All reviews homemade bread highly recommend this to anyone south west coast path full english breakfast perfect hosts perfect place to stay b bs stayed here for nights a wonderful stay excellent location one night good size comfortable bed warm welcome monroe andrew exmoor
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I needed a place to stay during the recent bad weather, couldn't have wished for anywhere better. Warm and comfortable with welcoming and attentive hosts but never intrusive. Room was great, very comfortable bed, excellent wifi and lovely extra touches like biscuits and fresh milk. Location was ideal for the town center and beach. Really enjoyed my stay - thank you.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Andrew M, Owner at Montrose Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thanks for the fantastic review - I hope we see you again.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Absolutely excellent in every way, the Montrose is run by Helen and Andy who are perfect hosts, and just lovely people. The breakfast was exactly as asked for, gluten-free bread provided with no fuss, nothing is too much trouble for them. My room was spotless and had everything in it that was needed, including a cooler-type of fridge just for drinks, so I could keep soya milk in my room for my tea. The decor was tasteful, the bed linen perfect white cotton, and there was nothing that could have been bettered. In terms of location, it's just off the central shopping street of the town, and not far from the beach, but in a very peaceful road. I slept very well. I was staying three nights to see family and I shall return to the Montrose on the next occasion, now I've found the perfect place to stay in Minehead.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ClaireViaCornwallUK
Andrew M, Owner at Montrose Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

What a wonderful review - thank you so much. I really hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

First impressions mean everything to me and this B&B wont be bettered.Shown up to Room 5 for a 1 night stay as i was attending a show at the Theatre.Shocked to be offered fresh milk for what was a really well stocked tray.Bed and room was superb with a lovely shower.Owners so nice and friendly and a first rate breakfast the next morning.Spotless doesnt begin to describe this bed and breakfast establishment.Would highly recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul H
Andrew M, Owner at Montrose Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Thanks for the fantastic review - hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2017

We both turned up after our weeks holiday in nude, looking for a 1 night stay but when we seen room decided to stay for 2, room was excellent breakfast was also, we was welcomed by a fantastic hoist, we will be back again this time for a 4 night stay Monday too Friday, in 6 weeks.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davewill558
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Our first visit to the Montrose guest house we were so impressed we have already booked for next year,We had the garden suite room which was ideal for us as one of us is sure to wake up in the night and they could sit in the conservatory and read without disturbing the other.We loved our stay everything was perfect room spotless hosts very friendly breakfasts fab, The home made bread for breakfast quite delicious wish I could make bread like that, oh well! If you book this guest house you will not be disappointed

Room Tip: Situated in a quiet street so peaceful nights sleep
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank _grahammcollyer
Andrew M, Owner at Montrose Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thank you for your kind words - we are already looking forward to seeing you next year.
Andy