All reviews steam railway training hotel training young people beach theme refurbished hotel lovely hotel the west somerset railway limited parking would recommend this hotel to anyone sea view breakfast was excellent an evening meal sea front large room smoked salmon no lift enjoyable stay
Reviewed 29 November 2017

We stayed in November 2017 and everything was perfect. The room had amazing views and was clean and very comfortable. We also had dinner in the hotel. There is a theatre kitchen so you can see the chefs working and the service was second to none. The food was wonderful. They are also very happy to omit anything from each dish if you don't like it and they cater for all diets (Partner is gluten free and also fussy!). Breakfast was lovely too. We didn't want to leave! Overall a very friendly hotel which is both stunning and comfortable and with amazing food and attention to detail - we will return soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a large room with a view.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
David J, General Manager at The Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Hi Claire really pleased you had such a nice time, we try to combine good quality with nice staff and it sounds like we got it right for you. thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I was lucky enough to be able to stay at the Beach Hotel this last weekend.
We stayed in a Deluxe double room which was large, comfortable and clean with great Views. (ask for "North Hill")
Looking at the Dinner menu was a little overwhelming and for people who regularly eat frozen food or takeaways, very very fancy.
When the food came out any concern i had about the choices had gone. I chose the Pig Cheeks, sea bass with caviar and the Banoffee Entromet.
The food is truly fantastic!!! well done to all the chefs.
The staff are great, very attentive.
The wine was delicious too.

And don't get me started on the breakfast...

All in all, a fantastic stay and I will be back again next year.

Room Tip: North Hill....Sea views and just at the top of the stairs.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
David J, General Manager at The Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Thanks Kate, glad you had such a great stay with us. the food is fantastic, its always worth trying something new and unusual as guaranteed it will be amazing. see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Brilliant hotel. Clean, smart, great atmosphere. The room had a lovely view and comfortable bed. Staff were very efficient, it’s a training hotel, don’t let that put you off, you’d have no idea and I think thats what made it better. Breakfast was really good too, cooked to order and happy to deviate from the menu with no problem.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Wow, thank you. such a lovely review.

Yes, we don't hide behind the training aspect for an excuse for poor quality... exemplary service and a smile are our fundementals... and they do a great job!!!

thank you again.

See you soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Hotel is always clean and comfortable. Close to beach and shops. Amazing food as always.Breakfast is cooked to order. Being able to take the dog with us is an added bonus. Staff are helpful and courteous.

Great to see you again.

glad you and the pooch had a good time.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Me and my Fiancé stayed here as it was close to where we needed to be early the next morning. When we arrived the staff were lovely, very welcoming and easy to talk to. Showed us to our room, it was spotless and perfect for what we needed. The bathroom was lovely and we had a little giggle over the origami that had been done with the end of the toilet roll. We decided that we would give the restaurant a try as a little treat for ourselves. The wait wasn't long at all to be served. We both went for the same starter Warm Vichyssoise soup which was really nice, not too bad of a price, but found it did need quite a bit extra salt (Not a problem for me as I tend to add plenty of salt to my meals anyway.) On to the mains, which was served quite quickly after we had finished our starter. I had the Chicken Ballontine Firstly I was impressed with the presentation, but wish I had been given more of the Saucy supreme (would have been nice if it had been put in a container on the side of the dish) the dish was full of flavour and I actually didn't feel the need to add salt at all. My Fiancé had the Pork Belly, he enjoyed it and didn't have a single complaint. Onto the dessert, I had the Banoffee entremet The presentation was amazing, however the taste was a big let down, the Banana ice cream was too bitter and needed sweeting, the sponge was a very strange texture although it did taste nice. The honeycomb was lovely, the dish would have been complete if it had something sour, maybe a sauce.
My partner had the Cheese Cake, he enjoyed it throughly however the seeds added on top spoiled it slightly.
After food we went back up to our room and had a bath before bed, water pressure was great and the bath was filled quite quickly! We watched some TV and both had a drink from the kettle provided. I had a tea and my partner a hot chocolate both nicer than expected. Only complaint we had about the room was the bed, it was quite uncomfortable and made it difficult for us to fall asleep, but once we did we had a good nights sleep. We heard next to no noise from the rest of the hotel from our room and was rather impressed that it was lovely and quiet. We got up early and went down stairs at 7:50am and was lucky enough to been seated for breakfast straight away and had our food by 8.05 we both went with a cooked breakfast, the presentation was too try hard for a breakfast and came across as tacky. We enjoyed breakfast had a cup of tea each and then checked out. All together it was a lovely stay and would gladly stay again, and we are looking forward to trying more from the restaurant next time we stay!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

WOW!!! Jemma what a lovely review. I have passe your review on the the different teams so they can look in to the couple of little things you pointed out.

We really look forward to seeing you again, and good luck with the future wedding plans.

Best wishes