All reviews steam railway training hotel training young people refurbished hotel lovely hotel the west somerset railway sea view breakfast was excellent an evening meal sea front large room no lift smoked salmon cooked breakfast enjoyable stay birthday treat sunday lunch
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

This is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in! Decorated on a beach theme, with amazing attention to detail, it is absolutely delightful. The food was fantastic and very well presented. Even our breakfast was presented with thought, not just put on a plate. And incidentally, the breakfast menu was among the best I've ever seen. The owners and staff were attentive, helpful, and couldn't do enough for us. During our evening meal, a couple of our meals came out a few minutes after the others. Considering there were 19 of us in our party, we were not at all upset by this. But the owner gave us all a free glass of prosecco because he'd kept just a few of us waiting for a few minutes. And the food was well worth waiting for. It was superb!! The hotel is in a lovely spot on the seafront, with huge picture windows with great views of the beach. This place is an absolute gem, and I will most definitely be returning.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
David J, General Manager at The Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Thank you for your lovely review. we are really pleased you had a great stay with us.

hope to see you return again soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

This is our 2nd year of visiting... we stay here before heading of to butlins for our holiday... we was greeted with a smile and very helpful... the rooms are fantastic... I can not stress how comfortable the beds are...the mattress is very thick... very comfortable... bathroom was immaculate very modern... rooms very modern... we had breakfast which was lovely... the staff really cannot do enough for you... will defo visit again very soon... thankyou once again for making our visit amazing... defo 5 star hotel

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Great to have you return, that is always a great sign if people are will to return.

Hope to see you again next year.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 21 August 2016

I booked this hotel for a hen party of 18. I had to amend my booking several times and Charlie and Dave were both very helpful. They helped us with things to do on the weekend too.
When we arrived the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was lovely and clean with wonderful attention to detail. The rooms were bright and very comfortable. The food was delicious and very reasonably priced.
Excellent value for money, I cannot recommend this hotel enough,

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends

Hi Elise

So glad we could make your stay with us special. I hope the bride has a fantastic day.

We look forward to your return.

Cheers

Reviewed 20 August 2016

Tourist Information found this for us as a last minute extension to our fortnight in Cornwall. The hotel is in a perfect location - central but not noisy. The room was clean, tidy and simply decorated with a seaside \ travel theme. We had a delicious evening meal, beautifully presented and breakfast was great too. The lady at reception was chatty, friendly and informative - also lovely with the children and made my son feel very soecial with his bedtime hot chocolate. We'd certainly stay again.
(Just one tiny comment - there wasn't a plug near enough to the large mirror to be able to dry my hair - a little table top mirror would be handy to move around perhaps.)

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Heya, thank you for your review. we are so pleased you and your family felt so welcome. hope you had a safe journey home.

Best wishes

Dave

(I'll action the idea of smaller hand held mirrors in the rooms. thanks for the suggestion)

Reviewed 19 August 2016

I stayed here on a business trip to Minehead with a colleague and we were blown away by the standard of the rooms, food, service and the wonderful work it is doing for the community and young people.

They don't shout (they hardly whisper) about it, but the hotel is run by a charity which helps to support young and disadvantaged people into work. A large proportion of the staff are apprentices, often with difficult home lives and backgrounds. The hotel nurtures these youngsters, helping them to get qualifications and skills for a future they were unlikely to have had otherwise.

The room I stayed in was beautiful with a very comfortable bed, and a stunning bathroom and shower. The cooked breakfast was one of the best I've had, and the dinner (I had lamb) was exceptional. The sort of food you would expect to get in a very expensive restaurant... It's amazing that it's to such a good standard when you consider that it was prepared by young apprentices overseen by just one head chef.

Everyone at the hotel couldn't have been more helpful or friendly and it is clearly a very stable and warm environment for the apprentices.

If you are planning a trip to Minehead, you can either stay in an average hotel, or an exceptional hotel that is also doing a fantastic thing for vulnerable youngsters, seems a no-brainer!

Room Tip: I had a second floor, sea view and it was great.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank McQuillan83

Thank you so much for such a well thought out review. It sums us up completely.

We couldn't have put it better ourselves. I think you have got to the very core of what we are trying to achieve here. thank you again for sharing your time and experience with us and other travellers.

best wishes