“Half price”

Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: British, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Quay Inn - where everyone is most welcome.We delight in offering the best, locally sourced, quality, foods and real ales at reasonable prices. The menu changes with the seasons.We also LOVE MUSIC! Quay Roots at the Quay Inn, frequently presents local, national and international music acts. The next event will present Cam Penner and Jon Wood from Canada, on Halloween night. We also host regular acoustic and plugged open music sessions, and the next one of these will on Sunday afternoon, 6th October, at 2:30pm.The Quay also provides an extensive coffee and tea menu and fantastic selection of naughty yummies (cakes, desserts) that can be enjoyed all day. We welcome dogs and well behaved owners, and also have a wonderful large garden where you can enjoy the lovely sea air.
Reviewed 9 February 2012

This was the first time in 35 years of living here in Minehead to visit this pub for a meal. What a surprise it used to be the Red Lion, The day was very cold and they had all the heating on, but the big shock was all the food items were half price Jan. thru Feb. The pub was busy with a coach party and a few other tables but the staff were polite and we were served quickly all considered. The food was very good and I was surprised at the large portions for the price- my Steak and mushroom sandwich was a very tender rump that must have been 8oz cooked to perfection for me (although I wasn't asked how I wanted it cooked ,so I thought it was going to be a thin piece of meat) and lots of garnish. My wife had a egg and bacon panini that was equally enjoyable. I don't know how they are managing to do it at those prices , but good luck to them as I will go back and tell others, which is their idea I guess.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

due to lots of lads turning up, also no character in the pub, although the outside looks lovely.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

Steak and kidney pie--Kidney tasted old and oily and was rubbery. The steak was generious but no flavour and the gravy seemed to be made of water and gravy browning there was non of the wonderful taste I was expecting. It wasn't even a pie as the pastry was a disk that had been cooked separatly and had only just met the "filling" on the plate. French beans that were raw, they had been dipped into hot water but that was all. My partners meal was of the same poor quality. When we were asked if everything was O.K. and my very long suffering partner , never quick to complain, explained the bean problem the reply was "Well we sell a lot of them!" What a stupid thing to say as they were served up as part of the meal, he then went on to TELL us "The rest of the meal was alright" We replied that it was all below average, this was met with a look of contempt, and would you believe it he seemed surprised that we did not want any sweet The waiter was completely devoid of people skills, no effort was made to make us feel better about the place. Even though this place is within walking distance of my home I WILL NOT be eating here again until it changes hands AGAIN and they imploy someone with a respect for food and cooking.

Reviewed 4 November 2011

My wife and I visited the restaurant this week when we were holidaying at Butlins in Minehead. Having had a drink in the bar one lunchtime we decided to have our evening meal the following day in the restaurant. The starters were average however we thought the main course will be much better as I had ordered Fillet steak and my wife had ordered the Red Mullet fish. When the fish came out it was served with veg being Brussels and Califlower both of which were not cooked and hard as nails and Sweed which was cold. The fillet steak was like rubber, it had definately been cooked too early and as we had'nt finsihed our starters it was probably microwaved as it came out that hot you burnt your tongue on it. When we mentioned the problems to our waitress she politely appologised, said that she did not know what was wrong with the chef that night and offered us a complimentary tea or coffee which is far short of what you would expect. On the next table a couple had the fish and when it came out the batter was burnt it looked awful the worst we have ever seen. Needless to say we will not even go back for a drink now the whole situation was terrible and a complimentary tea or coffee does not even cut it to be honest!

1  Thank Chris504200
Reviewed 26 October 2011

the title says it all,what more can one say? Except very good menu and freshly cooked to order,very good range of beers,will go back