“Modern. different. excellent”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2011

First visit to Lucky's after 10 years of going to the Nawab. It's very modern and I was not sure about the lighting when we first sat down but soon got to like it.

The service was excellent. The food was not your typical predictable Indian although the menu did include all the classics. the dishes where different and the quality was very high. Delicious.

I will be back. I want to try the Indian taps next!

Well done Lucky and the team, Joe Mc

2  Thank JoeMcB
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 September 2011

I went to Lucky's last night with a friend. The restaurant is in a premises in the old part of town and has been completely refurbished. You walk in and there is a good welcome from the staff behind the desk and you can either go straight to a table or have a drink in the bar area. Service is very quick and the menu is good. We ordered a variety of dishes and these all came quickly - the standard of the food and how it is presented is really good, but the reason I'm only giving Lucky's an average rating is that it has the strangest lighting I've ever seen in a restaurant - recessed blue similar to what you would see in a solarium does not make for a conducive dining atmosphere! The reason for the lighting could be that the refurbishment is not to the highest decorative standard. If the lighting was changed I would place Lucky's in the Very Good category - worth a visit anyway.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

It was nice to be able to order a variety of dishes via the tapas menu. The food was very tasty indeed although a little over priced. The atmosphere was a little cold but then again it was a Monday night. I will definitely go back.

1  Thank Nix_Woolly
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We went a year ago with friends and havd a fabulous meal when the restaurant was still relatively new. Waiter was great offering suggestions and was genuinely interested in what we ordered and that we were happy.
We then took family and it was ok.
Third and fourth visits were embarrassing that we had recommended to friends and family we took. Dishes we had previously enjoyed were poorly cooked and served. Attention from waiters was non existent and knowledge of the menu minimal.
For the prices the food we had on the last two visits was a joke. We saw that they had extended the restaurant and it would seem the chef had changed. Will not be returning.

1  Thank EmmerD
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I have had the pleasure of dining at Lucky’s four times in the last three months. What can I say…..it is special and definitely not your bog standard Indian Restaurant. The venue is pleasing to the eye and the team are attentive and smart. Great extensive menu including new recipes which I haven’t seen before. The food has always been tasty and well presented. You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Elizabeth P