We had a really lovely time in Scarborough and the apartment is in a fantastic location, however there were a few things that we were disappointed with.
We tried to contact the owners to share this with them but had no response, so for the purposes of other travellers visiting this apartment, I have listed them below and hope they are seen as constructive feedback:
- Only one set of keys to the apartment is not great if there are 4 people, as one couple chose to stay out later than the other and the ones who went home couldn't lock the apartment door because they had to leave the keys for the other couple.
- It would be really great if there were four barstools and not three, just an inconvenience really if everyone wants to sit and eat at the same time.
- It stated on the website when I booked that there would be chocolates and wine left in the apartment for our arrival - there wasn't anything and as it was my other halfs 40th birthday we were looking forward to this special touch.
- In the lounge it stated there would be a selection of DVDs available to watch, there wasn't any films at all and in fact no scart lead between the DVD player and TV so it wouldn't have been possible to watch any anyway.
- The lamp in the lounge didn't work and we had to move the one in the bedroom in there instead, There was also a bulb out in the main lounge light.
- The TV in the bedroom was also not working - it kept saying 'no service' on the screen so we couldn't watch it at all - not good if you have children staying in there.
- There was absolutely nowhere to hang any clothes up - I appreciate that you are trying to get as many beds into the rooms as possible but you could do with stating this on your website that there is no space or possibly look at putting a rail in the hallway.
- In the kitchen it would be really useful to have a corkscrew/bottle opener.
- One toilet roll and one black bin liner is not enough for 4 people for three days - I appreciate that it is not up to the owners to provide all this but it should be stated in the confirmation email that this is all they provide. Also although there is a dishwasher there was no tablets provided. We spend the first hour in Scarborough in the supermarket buying a corkscrew, dishwasher tablets, kitchen roll, toilet roll and bin liners. We would have brought all this with us if we had known prior to arrival. Also a non-stick frying pan in the kitchen would be really great so guests could prepare things like omelettes for breakfast.
Having said all that, the apartment was very clean and in a superb location with lovely views.