“Wonderful Spa Experience”

Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Yorkshire
“Wonderful Spa Experience”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I spent a glorious 4 hours in the Spa which is an absolute must if you stay in the hotle or just visit Scarborough. I heard someone talking to his friend in the venicular lift on the sea front about their experience so I decided to give it a go myself. I had the best body massage I have ever had combined with a 'fire and ice' experience. The staff are lovely and helpful and I thoroughly enjoyed myself - I was walking on air for the rest of the day.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Thank you for such a lovely review, I have been lucky enough to experience the wonderful treatments that the spa provide and fully agree that it is something not to be missed, I would also say the the level of service in the spa is also carried out through the building in all departments.

Thanks again for a great review and it goes without saying that I will pass on your kind words to the staff; we endeavour to make our guests stay a pleasurable one. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

David Chambers Operations Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Polish first
bolton
Reviewed 29 April 2012

The crown spa has got to be scarborough's jewel in the crown !!!!!!! . Arrived on fri for a 2nt stay and was upgraded to a lovely penthouse room free of charge . We decided to dine in the hotel's Taste restaurant the 1st night which was nicely presented and cooked to perfection all washed down with a good bottle of wine . Free parking just outside the hotel just ask at reception for a parking disc . Lovely friendly staff and all in all a very well run hotel .

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank suzyQBolton
Your review says it all and I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, on occasion we are able to offer free upgrades and as in this case they are always appreciated. As always we are even more happy when any guest makes a return visit which once again is the case.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Booking was a slightly confusing process. When we rang the hotel we were told that only a limited number of less desirable rooms were available and the price quoted for these was over £100 per night. We then went on Last Minute and were able to book 2 rooms at £75 per room per night. When we arrived at the hotel we were upgraded to rooms with a balcony and an amazing sea view.

The rooms were spacious and light with french windows on to a balcony which we sat out on to enjoy the awesome views despite the February temperatures and the snow on the ground. The rooms were very comfortable with a large, luxurious bed and great armchairs to enjoy the view from once we retreated to the warmth of the room.

The rooms have good complimentary refreshments including ground coffee and a cafetiere. Free tea and coffee is available in the lounge which has comfortable and a roaring fire. Our ability to enjoy this public space in the evening was limited by a large and rowdy corporate group.

Parking (with a permit from the hotel) is free in the surrounding streets but finding a nearby space can be hit and miss. There is a drop-off point in front of the hotel if you can't park near enough to carry your bags. Or there is a car park for a charge but we have never found it necessary to use this.

The hotel strictly enforces the check in time and won't let guests into rooms even ten minutes early.

We will definitely be returning and will happily pay a premium to get the same great room with wonderful views.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor with balcony and sea view.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ERFW
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
May I first of all say how disappointed I am that the booking process at the hotel seemed a little confusing, I will look into the issues mentioned with the hope that we can make the process a little easier for future clients.

From your description it appears that you were in a feature room which overlooks the bay and the views really are magnificent

We do look forward to you returning in the future as nothing makes us happier than seeing guests return. I will pass on your comments to both staff and management who I know will be delighted.

Kind Regards

Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2012

fantastic hotel staff very friendly and helpful - could'nt do enough for you . our room very luxurious and the coloured lighting in the bathroom very relaxing while having a bath i would have been happy to stay in the hotel all day and not bother about seeing the sites of scarborough but the weather was very good while we were there so we did do the site seeing thing . we arrived on a motor bike and at reception while booking in the staff told us to move the bike right up to outside the door of the hotel - so we felt secure in the knowledge that as it was a 24 hour reception staff were always in that area . as i 've said very very good hotel and staff a bit expensive but when you are there you can see why would highly recommend

Room Tip: our room was at the back of the building no sea view but quiet and great and probably cheaper than t...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mbikehols
May I first of all thank you for your positive feedback and say that I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. As with all hotels the owners can spend millions of pounds on furnishings but the finishing touches are the quality of the staff and as is often mentioned on this forum as well as to myself.

I do hope that when you return to Scarborough you return to the Crown. It goes without saying that I will pass on your positive comments to the staff who I know will be delighted that we have another satisfied customer.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 27 April 2012

we had a two night stay in this hotel and.were lucky enough to be uograded. We had a lovely luxurious room with a Tv in the bathroom and a flat screen in the Bedroom. Everything was very clean and modern and of a high standard. I would definately come back again.It was in a good position with a 10 minute walk down to the promenade.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for what is a short but very positive review, you have said enough to let me know that you are happy which makes myself and the team happy too.

I will certainly pass on your comment to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon as a tourist.