“pure luxury” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
“pure luxury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

fantastic hotel staff very friendly and helpful - could'nt do enough for you . our room very luxurious and the coloured lighting in the bathroom very relaxing while having a bath i would have been happy to stay in the hotel all day and not bother about seeing the sites of scarborough but the weather was very good while we were there so we did do the site seeing thing . we arrived on a motor bike and at reception while booking in the staff told us to move the bike right up to outside the door of the hotel - so we felt secure in the knowledge that as it was a 24 hour reception staff were always in that area . as i 've said very very good hotel and staff a bit expensive but when you are there you can see why would highly recommend

Room Tip: our room was at the back of the building no sea view but quiet and great and probably cheaper than t...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mbikehols
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
May I first of all thank you for your positive feedback and say that I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. As with all hotels the owners can spend millions of pounds on furnishings but the finishing touches are the quality of the staff and as is often mentioned on this forum as well as to myself.

I do hope that when you return to Scarborough you return to the Crown. It goes without saying that I will pass on your positive comments to the staff who I know will be delighted that we have another satisfied customer.

David Chambers Operations Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (722)
  • Polish first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

we had a two night stay in this hotel and.were lucky enough to be uograded. We had a lovely luxurious room with a Tv in the bathroom and a flat screen in the Bedroom. Everything was very clean and modern and of a high standard. I would definately come back again.It was in a good position with a 10 minute walk down to the promenade.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for what is a short but very positive review, you have said enough to let me know that you are happy which makes myself and the team happy too.

I will certainly pass on your comment to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon as a tourist.

Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

This is a lovely hotel with excellent customer service and attention to detail. You pay extra for a sea view so I opted not to but for business I rarely get the opportunity to enjoy the views so this was OK. The room was spacious with a seating area and modern bathroom. Turn down service provided so chocolates on the pillow, curtains closed and refreshments tray replenished during the evening. Caffetiere in the rooms with nice coffee so a great incentive to get up early and enjoy a leisurely start to the day.

Spa, swim, gym facilities are great and while there I enjoyed a yoga class- plenty of exercise classes to suit all needs- a real bonus. Pool is a little on the small and odd shape size so it may be an issue during busy periods if you want a serious swim.

The staff were great with a Northern unpretentious charm. Very professional, welcoming and helpful from reception, breakfast and evening meal.

Great location- close enought to the sea front and town. If you are lucky enough to get a sea view I imagine the views are marvellous.

Food was great- breakfast plentiful and evening meal- plenty of choice but without comprimising on quality. This hotel has a very popular bar/ restaurant, but even when busy the service was efficient.

A great hotel- the one criticism would be the drain smell in the bathroom. To be honest, when a hotel and service is this good, a minor issue such as this becomes less of an issue. I would recommend without hesitation.

Room Tip: Out of season you may be able to get a sea view at a decent rate- its probablhy worth it if you are...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank helensuz
May I first of all thank you for your positive feedback and say that I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Sometimes we are so busy that we forget how nice the Crown really is and reading you review has reminded me what a wonderful hotel we have the pleasure of running.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the extra touches like the chocolates and that the service and food were both to your requirements.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Me and my partner stayed at the crown for the 4th time since Dec 2010 and this time was for my partners birthday but instead of the usual 1 night we stayed for 2 nights, and once again we just loved the hotel and spa facilities (the only gripe I have about the swimming pool is that it's advertised at being kept at a constant 28 degrees celsius, but it always feels much colder than that, perhaps something to be looked into?) either way though a quick jump from the pool to the sauna soon rectifies that :)

But I really can't stress again how great the Crown Hotel is (the log fire in the lounge is a superb feature) and me and my partner loved it once again, we weren't too keen on the room we'd booked but a quick mention to reception and they had no problems with letting us change rooms to one of the rooms we generally go for on the Penthouse floor, brilliant rooms with a safe and a fridge! And superb views out the windows (go for a superior penthouse room though as they're quite a bit bigger than the standard penthouse rooms) you won't regret it!

One thing my partner and me ordered from the drinks menu this time were milkshakes! Something not many people (if any) ask for, and it was quite amusing to us and the barstaff that they only had 1 person who knew how to make them and they joked on the 2nd day we stayed there (after going back for a 2nd milkshake!) that "would we be back tomorrow for more milkshakes!" as if to say nooooo more please! Which made me question should we be in a 4* hotel ordering milkshakes! I swear we looked out of place sat in the lounge drinking them.. But they did taste great, so my tip for people visiting the crown is order a milkshake.. Just drink it when no ones looking haha.

Anyway to top it off I can highly recommend the Crown and it's very difficult to imagine staying anywhere else now!

Highly recommended! And excellent spa facilities even if the pool was a bit too cold for our liking.

I've included pictures from our last stay 12th-14th of April and also some pictures of the Penthouse room from a previous visit in August 2011 as I know a lot of people like to look at the pictures :)

Room Tip: Superior Penthouse rooms are always a safe bet!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
May I first of all say how nice it is to receive such an honest and detailed review of a customer’s stay, I am a little confused as to the barman appearing to be the only one able to prepare a milk shake, however we have had a few new members of staff who are currently in training and we don’t sell a lot of milkshakes this time of year. I must say that three star four star or five I am a great believer in having what you want so have one on the patio in full view of everyone on your next visit after all milk is good for you.

We will be looking forward to your fifth visit as we are always happy to see returning guests.

Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

We attended a lovey ball on Saturday 21st April at the Crown Spa Hotel. The staff were so friendly and helpful. In the bar we were served as soon as we walked into the reception room. Then when we went into the actual room it was beautifully decorated and the food was gorgeous. We were very spoilt and a fab time was had by all and lots of money raised....... We didn't stay over as we live in Scarborough so sorry can't comment on the rooms.

Room Tip: Sorry didn't stay over as live in Scarborough
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks you for such a positive review. We like to believe that all our customers whether visiting for a function, a spa day or on a weekend break all get treat in the same friendly way. I do hope that the Crown is the chosen venue for many more events.

I will pass your positive comments on to both the staff and management who I know will be delighted