All reviews peasholm park full english booked a superior room within walking distance small room nice quiet location minute walk to the beach hotel is spotless bacon and sausage bed and breakfast little touches very comfortable stay biscuits the open air theatre a lovely place to stay visiting scarborough sea front
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on our anniversay, and really glad we did.

The property is immaculate, the staff friendly and will go out of their way to help. This was my first visit to Scarborough since I was young & not really sure what to expect but I needn't have worried. From booking our rooms to leaving I can't fault anything.

The room we were in was spotless and the bed comfortable. We didn't plan to stay indoors all weekend, so that's all we'd want anyway.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. During our stay, I booked for later in the year, this time with family.

I can't recommend The Lysander highly enough. A big thank you to all the staff for making our stay so wonderful.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sigma73
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Lysander for a night ...wow! Excellent quality towels, bed linen, breakfast was amazing, superb choice and served by Julie, the owner, who was so helpful and friendly.....highly recommended!! L

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter F
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Made a last minute decision to stay a night in Scarborough, booked here as good reviews and reasonable price.
Rooms very clean, everything you need - small but not too small, still plenty of storage and space for the case etc. Tea/coffee making facilities well stocked (with biscuits!).
Breakfast was a £7 per person add on, which is reasonable given the room price.
Good choice at breakfast - including something lighter - full English was a good size, not too big like some! Quality food used and attentive hosts.
Overall a good stay, if we have another weekend in Scarborough we'll be back!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie P
Reviewed 14 December 2016

Somewhat belated but no less sincere review of three night stay during the summer.

Wasn't easy tracking down availability during a peak time, so especially pleased to come across the Lysander. I was accommodated in a spacious, well equipped bedroom at the front of the property, with a pleasant view as far as the castle. (Apart from the last morning when mist intervened!) The bed was comfortable and the bathroom had everything I needed. Tea and coffee making facilities are of course provided. The room was well maintained and, like the public areas, spotlessly clean. Only limited noise from the road in front, disturbed just once by a rogue motor cyclist in the early hours, and generally had a good night's sleep.

Breakfast, served in a bright, nicely decorated breakfast room, was excellent, all prepared to order, and options include smoked salmon and scambled eggs if you fancy a change to the traditional fry up. The service provided by a very pleasant lady helped to get the mornings off to a good start.

Evening meals are not served, but the owners can recommend some good local restaurants, some of which offer Lysander customers a discount.

I travelled by train, the Lysander is some way from the station so I took a bus for part of the way, I'd suggest a taxi unless like me, you have a limited amount of luggage. For drivers there appears to be a reasonable amount of parking space, and you might be able to grab a slot on the road outside but that depends on availability.

On a hill set back from the sea, it is located in one of the most pleasant areas of Scarborough (sadly some other parts of the town are looking a bit run down) and the neighbourhood is very safe. Both the North Bay front and Peasholme Park are close by. It was also ideal for the main purpose of our stay which was to attend the Yorks v Notts cricket match. The ground is a pleasant 15 minute walk via the Park from the Lysander.

This is one of the best guest house/B & Bs that I've stayed in. It is efficiently run by its owners, who are excellent hosts and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: I suspect the quietest rooms are at the rear, but I did not experience any major issues with noise from the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Prahaluver
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Super b&b.the rooms were really clean & tidy with everything you need,the bathroom was spotless with any excellent shower.highly recommended & would happily stay again in the future.the owners & staff deserve great credit.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple