“Excellent and very good value B&B”

St Michael's Guest House
Ranked #2 of 184 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Had an excellent nights stay here at the weekend. The hosts were very friendly and welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. The rooms were very clean and comfortable with all the facilities. We particularly liked the artwork in the room. The breakfast was one of the best we have ever had. Lots of fruit and cereals and the cooked breakfast was huge. It's a good job we were only staying one night! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

We chose St Michael's based on the reviews on this site, and were not disappointed - we received a really warm welcome from Jan and Ed even though we arrived after 9pm, and were made to feel like good friends straight away. Our room (and the whole place) was lovely, and spotless as well. There were lots of choices when it came to breakfast, and the full english was very impressive - and so were the people who actually managed to finish it all! We found St Michael's to be in a great location - about 20-30mins walk from the beach, and with lots of restaurants to choose from in our immediate surroundings too. We would definitely stay again - Ed and Jan are genuine, friendly people who go above and beyond to make sure their guests have the best stay possible. We would recommend St Michael's to anyone - perfect for families, couples and solo travellers alike.

1  Thank Karen A
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I chose St Michael's hotel for my two night stay, based upon cost, location, and reviews given by others on this website.

From the moment I arrived I was made to feel welcome by the hosts, Jan and Ed.
I did not expect the complimentary drink and slice of cake which I received upon my arrival, nor the genuinely warm and friendly reception I received from them throughout my stay.

The hotel and en-suite room in which I stayed were clean, comfortable, and furnished to a very high standard with excellent facilities.

There was a large and varied choice of top quality breakfast options.

What struck me most about this hotel was the attention to detail - flowers on the breakfast table, pictures on the walls, local information brochures in the hallway, the hosts remembering the names of their guests, treating each as a valued customer, and tailoring breakfast to suit their individual desires.

I had a thoroughly enjoyable experience staying here.
Many thanks Jan and Ed !

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Having been recommended by a family member, we decided to stay at St.Michaels whilst we were in Scarborough.
We found the rooms to be absolutely spotless and everything in there that you could possibly need( including a chocolate treat every day!!)
Ed & Jann were excellent hosts and we were made to feel very welcome.
The breakfast was very good with plenty to choose from.It kept us going all day.
Well done Ed and Jan and thanks for a lovely stay, and look forward to seeing you again!

1  Thank Morrisey_12
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in the family room with our 2 boys. From the moment we walked through the door we were all made very welcome, Ed and Jan couldn't do enough for us.
The breakfast was amazing, we had lots to choose from. The full English was the best I've had in a long time.
The B&B is spotless I have nothing negative to say....I would recommend it to anyone to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family