“Rest, recuperation and Revitalising! Still my favourite location!”

Fountains Court Holistic Health Hotel
Fountains Court Holistic Health Hotel
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is my 8th year and numerous visits to my favourite retreat and I love coming here as much now as when I first walked through the door on a cold February weekend in 2006!
I am not a religious person but there is something spiritual about Fountain's Court that reaches the depth of my soul, repairs my tired mind and body and sends me back home rejuvenated, re-energised and ready to carry on working to support other people in their lives.

On my first visit all those years ago, knowing that Helen was going to change the rooms from numbers to the names of gemstones, inspired me to write poems for each room to give fellow travellers an ode to take with them on their travels.

I think the spiritual connection comes from the treatments and special therapists who provide such a wide range of holistic therapies for everyone. Helen, the owner is the inspiration that makes Fountain's Court so different from the many Spas around the country because it's homely here; personal attention and time to treat everyone with really reasonable costs.

Many more people come here now as word has spread through recommendations so if you need to recharge; you're looking for a peaceful few days away from 'the maddening crowd' come on your own or with friends and I'm sure you will come back again. The staff here are amazing and will look after you.

For anyone who does a job caring for others as therapists, nurses, teachers, etc, this is a place to unwind from today's hectic, demanding work.

What are you waiting for?

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter both from the traffic and the seagulls
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Christine R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a quiet B&B. It's clean, comfy, free car parking and has spacious-stylish rooms. They serve vegetarian breakfast that they are happy to provide at any time of the day. Fruit and water available to help yourself. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Wow ! I'm still buzzing in a truly heightened state of euphoric bliss and feeling totally refreshed, revitalised and ready to rumble following a thoroughly enjoyable, tremendous and much appreciated stay here on 25th to 28th Oct.2013. All the staff were amazing, attentive, friendly and caring (I developed a soft spot for Helen and Gilly). They made my stay all the more fulfilling and worthwhile. The other guests were friendly too ! Relaxation and recuperation (post-operatively) is what I needed and my entire time here was just that. Having carefully chosen and booked various treatments when I originally booked this short break (make sure that You book them to avoid disappointment), it allowed me to totally unwind and "switch off" from my busy World. Proper "Me time". The food was scrumptious and tasty too. Leave your watch at home, there is time aplenty for everything here. I'm very much looking forward to my next stay here next summer, which I will definitely book once my holidays have been confirmed at work. Many thanks once again. #lush
Note: I've given "Sleep Quality" a low score, as I just did not sleep well. I "switched off" and relaxed soooo much over the weekend, I guess I was not tired enough to sleep.

Room Tip: The bedrooms are Gemstone-themed. Choose your favourite.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank HOWARD T
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed here twice in the last two weeks. Amazing atmosphere, it feels like a home away from home. Helen is an incredible host, insightful and genuinely caring. I had a number of treatments and thoroughly enjoyed them all. I arrived feeling helpless and left feeling hopeful, this really is a life changing place. The rooms have a lovely feel to them, are comfortable and clean. I am not a vegetarian but I found the food delicious. I would highly recommend Fountains Court. I am already planning my next visit!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank EmilyJ21
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I have now lost count of the number of times I have visited Fountains Court over the past 7 years and still enjoy the peace and quiet, the treatments, rest, relaxation and care given to everyone. I have recommended Fountains Court to a number of people, who once they visit also want to go back! If you want to lose weight, receive treatment for aches and pains in your body or totally de-stress Fountains Court is a wonderful place to go to. I visited at the beginning of August wanting to lose weight and suffering with some fluid retention. After a change to my diet eating Helen's healthy food together with massages and a lymphatic drainage treatment I returned home with less weight and with the fluid retention reduced! It really doesn't matter what time of year you go to Fountains Court as its open all year and for this type of holiday you just wrap up in the right clothes for a bracing walk along the seafront then perhaps book a hot stone massage, have a satisfying vegetarian meal then curl up with a novel in the lounge. I'm not vegetarian but I love Helen's food, never feel hungry and come home restored and recharged.

If you go to this hotel knowing about the treatments, the vegetarian food - although note that Helen will cook chicken and fish dishes - there's everything to like with so many affordable treatments, that you will feel refreshed and restored. Some people have seen the hotel on Four in Bed on TV and the programme did not show the treatments so go and experience the true flavour of Fountains Court. Chris Redfern

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel is quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo